Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Discrimination Of Older Vets

Rate this question

jan

Question

Hi

I would like to know why our claims are being shoved to the end of the line and the Iraqi

and Afgan troops are being pushed to the head of line. Are they just waiting for us to croak to

me this is discrimination. I did not go to war but I did volunteer for Viet Nam but couldn't go

since my brother was there at the same time. I have served my time in hell and now I'm waiting

for just cause. I feel slighted everytime I call to check on my claim. How many others are in my shoes? We are all supposed to be equal.

Jan

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan,

Because the VA. doesn't give a toot about you are me. I feel the same as you!!

Believe me you are not alone.

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Guest Dataman

Because the system is broken. Personally I feel the VA Claim should be done on Combat Injured Vets before they stop getting paid Active Duty Pay.

It does not make older vets 2nd class. We already have had our claim done at least once I bet. Of course it should not result in years of waiting for Older Vets.

The VA needs to get the money and manpower to do both

Timely

I keep getting my dr's appt's cancelled, even for SC problems.

I asked the ortho clinic last Wed. if it was because I was VN era and a female???? The guy was dead silent for almost a minute. I then asked him how many of the cx's were VN era (all) and how many were female (just me I was the only female having an appt that day)

Hmmmmmm

They hope we will all die before they have to treat us.

;) Too all of you! Bush and Nickelson came out with a directive LAST year that ALL Iraqi claims be done WITHIN 120

bobbyq

Hi

I would like to know why our claims are being shoved to the end of the line and the Iraqi

and Afgan troops are being pushed to the head of line. Are they just waiting for us to croak to

me this is discrimination. I did not go to war but I did volunteer for Viet Nam but couldn't go

since my brother was there at the same time. I have served my time in hell and now I'm waiting

for just cause. I feel slighted everytime I call to check on my claim. How many others are in my shoes? We are all supposed to be equal.

Jan

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!