Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Discrimination Of Older Vets

Rate this question

jan

Question

Hi

I would like to know why our claims are being shoved to the end of the line and the Iraqi

and Afgan troops are being pushed to the head of line. Are they just waiting for us to croak to

me this is discrimination. I did not go to war but I did volunteer for Viet Nam but couldn't go

since my brother was there at the same time. I have served my time in hell and now I'm waiting

for just cause. I feel slighted everytime I call to check on my claim. How many others are in my shoes? We are all supposed to be equal.

Jan

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Naw, Betty, I think she's talkin about Alexandria, Looosyanna.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Its not just OIF or OEF Vets who are getting pushed to the front of the line. Its anybody who seperated since Oct 01. I retired in April 03 and was told at my DRO hearing that I was at the front of the Line. I did not sevre in either countries driectly. Did server in Saudi at the begining of OEF. But my claim is over 3 years old. So if this is front of the line service I hate to be in the back

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder
Naw, Betty, I think she's talkin about Alexandria, Looosyanna.

Larry J,

You are a character and and a half. I sure can't figure out "with your sense of humor," why you are going to anger management classes.

Can't you tell that I did not score an A in Geography in school.

I can tell that you know your phonics.

I haven't ever heard of that place.

Always,

Betty

This policy to proccess veterans of the current war first is to protect the VA and politico from the media. The public is not as sensitive to past war vets having to wait. There would be a public outcry of huge proportions if new war veterans were waiting as long as we have had to in past wars. The public perception is that this problem has been fixed. Putting new veterans at the top of the list gives the public the impression that all is well within the VA. Time waiting statistics now being released only include current war veterans. The VA is not releasing complete numbers for all vets, nor is anyone asking. And no one will ask.

This policy is not an attempt to seperate veterans, or discriminate, or anything else. It is an attempt for polititians to keep their jobs by hiding the true facts. This policy WILL effect the new veterans the same way they effect us when claims for increase, appeals and whatnot begin clogging the system even more. They will join our ranks soon enough.

Time

• HadIt.com Elder

Time

I agree that the current policy of putting new vets at the head of the line is to take the heat of the VA from the media. When the light shifts off this war it will be business as usuall with long waits and incompetent decisions.

I just read a disturbing article in a recent Reader's Digest. It had to do with vet's filing for hypertention, hemroids , diabetes, etc.

With articles like that in a widely read magazine the veteran is under even more suspicion and gives the image that most claims are bogus.

One statement was " My brother-in-law is service connected and receiving compensation for diabetes. His whole family is diabetic. How can that be service connected ?"They neglect to mention that even tho he may have a predisposition for diabetes ,maybe he would never have gotten the disease if he had not been exposed to AO.

Articles like this need to be rebutted by someone really knowledgeable. This one sided kind of crap puts a bad light on compensation claims and hurts everyone.