Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bank Of America

Rate this question

carlie

Question

One bank I use is Bank of America. I just recently found out, while making a rather large withdrawl (at a different branch than usual),

that Bank of America does not accept a VA Disabled Veteran ID card with your photo on it, as Identification.

The branch manager told me that the cards are too easy to forge. I think this sucks and wonder if other vets have this problem.

carlie

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That Manager has to accept a Federal ID like it or not. They can always verify your signature. I use mine cause I don't have a Driver's License cause I cannot stand the crowds at renewal places.

Occasionally someone will question me and I point out that it is a Federal ID and more secure than a Texas Drivers License

No, I have never tried to use my VA card for ID at a bank.

Yeah, that sure DOES suck, especially when Bank of America has absolutely no problem whatsoever dealing with illegal aliens and accepting THEIR sorry Mexican forms of "identification," which may be forged or at least bought from corrupt Mexican officials.

What sorry, greedy, immoral, low-lifes, rip-off-their-own-customers banks are...but a necessary evil because you have to have one so your VA Disability check can be auto-deposited.

Pete: I hate crowds, too -- I get agitated and hostile when people are too close to me like that, like being in a herd of animals or something -- but here in TX you can renew your DL online (and DLs are even free for some disabled vets, those rated 60% or more)...I suspect others states are likewise. Or, get a state ID card which will also be an official picture-ID.

-- John D.

One bank I use is Bank of America. I just recently found out, while making a rather large withdrawl (at a different branch than usual),

that Bank of America does not accept a VA Disabled Veteran ID card with your photo on it, as Identification.

The branch manager told me that the cards are too easy to forge. I think this sucks and wonder if other vets have this problem.

carlie

Edited by cloudcroft

I had this problem at BANK OF A myself a while back. The manager read some reg and blew a bunch of smoke up my a--. Bottom line though they need a driver license.

Also I just went and did my American duty and voted. I handed the registrar my disabled American Veteran Card and my drivers license and they set my disability card aside and just read off of the license!!

Stillhere

carlie

Carlie, they truly do. We have an account there and was depositing the VA checks there,suddenly they required a WA DL number plus SSN on the check

with that much info they can open an account elsewhere, I refused to allow them to write the numbers on the check. So they would not take the deposit of federal funds of a U.S. treasury check without a "thumbprint"...

We no longer use BOA except for paypal and small change....

Bitterly

Arch

• HadIt.com Elder

The DL stuff is BS. They can't do that because many people don't have DL's. Many times the "teller's" (aka: CSA's) make up stuff. I had trouble w/BOA because I had to order my cash in advance, when cashing a check for over a couple of thousand dollars. Best to close the acct. jmo

pr

I should have posted this also:

They already had my FL drivers license - I have 5 different accounts at B of A.

The SOB manager was being insistant on 2 photo ID's.

If anyone else cares to join up with me - I'm going to send B of A a complaint via email.

Probably a waste of my time.

carlie