Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick Question

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

I was wondering i was just told that my case is at the ratings board usually how long does it take till i find out a decision thank you in advance :rolleyes:

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its sort of a trick question depends on a lot of stuff but my guess is that you are close so say 30 to 90 days.

There is no science to this you are just closer but not there yet.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

An average of 60-90 days; however, this doesn't mean that your claim will be rated. The reasons why a claim aren't rated and sent back to the development team are: missing files, request for new C&P, request for SSDI files, or overburdened with too many cases. There are other reasons a claim might not be rated when your claim goes to the rating board so I agree with Pete it depends on a lot of "stuff"

Steve

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is the quickest way to find out the range of your claim. Call your VSO and ask him what month and year the raters are working on. They are usually done according to the date received unless it is on remand from the BVA or Cavc. For example if your claim was filed in Jan 07 and they are working on Dec 06, Then you know it will be sooner not later. If they say february 07, Then something is holding up your particular claim.

Call the 800 number and inquire abiut claim status. I called every 2 weeks when my initial claim was being processed. They can also tell you if you are submitted for a C&P exam if they will. It depends on the person on the phone.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.