Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Co=pay Charges

Rate this question

jan

Question

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY LAT YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE I DIDN'T HAVE A CO=PAY AND THIS YEAR I DO. MY HUSBAND IS 100% AND I AM ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND TRI-CARE 4 LIFE AND THE CLERK AT THE VA IN ALEXANDRIA LA. VA TOLD ME EFFECTIVE THIS MONTH THAT I WILL START PAYING FOR MY PRIMARY CARE $15.00 AND $50.00 FOR MY PSYCHIATRIST. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE REG THAT PUNISHES ME FOR SERVING MY COUNTRY FOR YEARS GETTING

THE CRAP BEAT OUT OF ME BY SOME ASSANINE PUNK MALE OFFICER. PLUS MST. I TOLD THE VA CLERK I CAN GO TO GOOD DOCTORS AND NOT HAVE TO PAY A PENNY BUT I GO TO THE VA TO BE TREATED FOR WHAT IS IN MY SERVICE MEDICAL. THE CLERK SAID THEY USE MY HUSBANDS INCOME AND I DON'T THINK THIS FAIR.

JAN

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan:

Are you Service Connected over 50% Are you just turning 65? Are you using ChampVA? I am pretty sure that your answer to these questions will help us find out what is going on.

I was pretty sure that if the VA allowed someone with TriCare to get medical attention at VA that there are no copays.

Edited by Pete53

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Jan:

Are you Service Connected over 50% Are you just turning 65? Are you using ChampVA? I am pretty sure that your answer to these questions will help us find out what is going on.

I was pretty sure that if the VA allowed someone with TriCare to get medical attention at VA that there are no copays.

I applied for ssd in 2004 for my arthritis and depression and it was given to me. I am only 64. I've had my claim in for PTSD and mdd for ovesr 2yrs and it is still before the rating officer. Because of a stupid doctor removing my ulna and makeing the wrist unstable I now have a prosthectic wrist which hurts all the time and makes it hard for me to use my right hand. I also applied for benefits since I broke both hands in the military while cleaning a bed on the ward where I worked. I guess the only way around this is just to give into all their crap and give up.

jan

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan:

Please don't give up. I think that you need to meet with the people who charge and collect co-pays and have them explain it to you. If your husband is 100% you could be eligible for ChampVA and once you have Medicare it is better than anything I have ever seen. All I pay for wife now is 50 dollar deductible and 25% copay for any meds she is prescribed.

Good Luck to you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan

Don't give up on your claims with the VA. Where is your claim now status wise? Have you had a C&P exam? Who represents you at the VA?

• HadIt.com Elder

Write a letter to the VA elegibility staff and request them to wave your copays until your claim is resolved.

If this doesnt work, get the heck out of there and go to the private sector. Ypu will get much more respect and dilligent care.

I am actually in the process of transitioning back to the private sector since I was awarded SSD amd Medicare.

Good Luck.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Jan

Don't give up on your claims with the VA. Where is your claim now status wise? Have you had a C&P exam? Who represents you at the VA?

My claim is with the rater. I had 2 C&P's last November. The DAV is supposed to be helping me but the last rep I had transferred and they brought in one from California and he is no help. I am

still waiting on papers from him to GUIDE me through the process. My husband is a medically retired E-7 with 17 1/2 years waiting for his CRSC. I have my dependant ID Card but we don't use military hospital only for our meds. I guess I am a little irritated because of the people coming back are getting their papers processed ahead of ours. I've been fighting this battle for 7 years.

Jan