Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recieved My Brown Envelope

Rate this question

wjack12412

Question

Hello Everyone,

I must say that I am feeling really estatic right now. I retired from the Navy Sept 06 and within that time I have been approved for SSDI the first time and reading some of these stories I am schocked that I was approved the first time and within 5 months from submission to payment. I was granted 70% when I submitted my claim Oct 06 with approval March 07. I knew that my decision should have been higher so instead of putting in an appeal and waiting years I reopened my claim in June 07 requesting an increase based on new medical evidence and also requested IU. I was denied IU, because they gave me SC 100% P&T!!!!!!! I currently have a daughter in college and we have already completed all her paperwork for Chap 35 benefits since she is already going to school for free due to me living in Calif needless to say this is her and my son's college fund because with the money I was making on Active Duty I did not have a chance to put money to the side for this so I can sleep much better now. Me and my neighbor visit this site almost daily and it was because of his guidance that I was approved so THANK YOU NEIGHBOR. This site has kept me abreast of so many things to do if things had not worked out for me, but it also gave me an insight to how different VRA work. GOOD LUCK MY FELLOW VETS and fight for what you know you deserve.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

congrats sometimes the system does work right it's just when it goes wrong it really wrecks havoc on veterans and their families life. Like you my SSD was approved in 5 months VA took 5 years.....same evidence the VA is just ignoring it

• HadIt.com Elder

congrats sometimes the system does work right it's just when it goes wrong it really wrecks havoc on veterans and their families life. Like you my SSD was approved in 5 months VA took 5 years.....same evidence the VA is just ignoring it

I got mine in four months and VA in almost 6 years but who is counting?

Congrats JWack hang around and help some Veterans and thanks for you pal who visits Hadit every day.

Great! It is good to come on and see some good news! Don't forget about us here and tell everyone you can about what this process can be like. I am glad this worked out for you so quickly. Enjoy your holidays.