Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

If that state vet reps initials were GG-he has been demoted.

Long story but they have had a shuffle due to ..........ME!

The DAV, AL, and ,maybe VVA has offices in our near the Buffalo VARO (if that is who you still deal with)

"A Veteran group once mailed me and told me to try a Congressman so I told my wife lets do that--so I called and sent my wife there with my file and she said they would take it on!!!!!!!! She said they don't take on just any claim and she said mine was really messed up and the Congressman would even take it to a Congressio,,,,"

Have you contacted them?

Meantime try to get a copy 0f whatever she sent to wrong place and get it to the right place with a cover letter explaining the situation.

"So we are back to square on on that.And as far as my claims for secondary conditions I called and the women looked on the screen and said the calim was answers in spring of 2007.(BUT) we never recieved anything!! So I had her send me coipies and Its all messed up!! "......

If they sent it to the wrong address and they had the right address- file a NOD on it and tell them why the NOD is late-

You definitely need some local help with these issues.Try every vet org with an office in or near the RO building.