Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

Berta said:
If that state vet reps initials were GG-he has been demoted.

Long story but they have had a shuffle due to ..........ME!

The DAV, AL, and ,maybe VVA has offices in our near the Buffalo VARO (if that is who you still deal with)

"A Veteran group once mailed me and told me to try a Congressman so I told my wife lets do that--so I called and sent my wife there with my file and she said they would take it on!!!!!!!! She said they don't take on just any claim and she said mine was really messed up and the Congressman would even take it to a Congressio,,,,"

Have you contacted them?

Meantime try to get a copy 0f whatever she sent to wrong place and get it to the right place with a cover letter explaining the situation.

"So we are back to square on on that.And as far as my claims for secondary conditions I called and the women looked on the screen and said the calim was answers in spring of 2007.(BUT) we never recieved anything!! So I had her send me coipies and Its all messed up!! "......

If they sent it to the wrong address and they had the right address- file a NOD on it and tell them why the NOD is late-

You definitely need some local help with these issues.Try every vet org with an office in or near the RO building.

Thank you Berta for that Information, printed it off for my wife..........

scan0001.pdf

Edited by CaravanDan

Last February we had this exchange here

"Hi Burt, My wife says your wrong --she says we are waiting on rechariadization NOT compensation so to put in a request for compensation doesn't make any sense--Now is this true or is my wife NOT the know it all she thinks she is????? Thank You"

"Great- I am sure your wife has the extensive information I have in the VBM ,published by NVLSP-(Chapters 19 and 20 )

I believe I referred to their citations here some time ago.

Your lawyers would have this extensive information as well.

Are they Pro bono lawyers? As -if there is no compensation claim-I dont see where their fee will be paid from."

------------------------------------------------------------

If you have lawyers , as indicated in the older posts here-I don't know how the BCMR paperwork got messed up.

The Veterans Benefit Manual f0r about 130 bucks has exte3nsive info on Upgrading Discharges and there are numerous sites on the net-

Have you contacted Edwin Crosby yet or accessed his sites or the SVR radio shows we did on this subject?

I will read over all of your old posts to see what else I could suggest-

I am only available for claims help in the public forum.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Dan, look at it in this light.

When a Veteran files a claim, the VA uses a screen out element. Its first thing is to verify the DD214 and character of service.

If they can find anything there to deny your claim, They will.

That is they way they operate.

It is in your best interest to get the General Upgraded to an Honorable. General Discharges are the least difficult ones to do.

I have to admit that we dont have a whole lot of experience with upgrades on Discharges but we have had this issue before,just not a lot of them.

I know it is painful when you are being torn between sets of information.

You are going to have to decide which one is most suited for your issues. No one can do that for you.

We are here to help. Some complex issues such as yours require someone that has actually been through it. If you could find someone that has, then your better off.

I hope it works for you. You sound like you need a break.

J

Edited by jbasser

You are missing my point Dan-

we are here to help and there has been a lot of info provided here already-

I am contacting Ed Crosby today- to see if he can help you or advise someone who can-

I feel that your wife could be your biggest asset here-

but she has to consider the advise we have given already-

your issue is a complex one-

Yet the way you presented it here long ago made me believe you sure had a chance to get not only VA health care but VA compensation as well.

I dont do emails or PM or vet's claims in my home or anything like that anymore because I simply do not have the time that all involves.

It is not any personal reason regarding you or anyone else here at all.

Your wife can be a tremendous help on all this but there is a criteria that she must follow-

I will see if I can find an advocate to help you- does the lawyer still have your POA?

John is right! "General Discharges are the least difficult ones to do" and I got impression your had prior service with a HD? I could be wrong there but that can be a big plus if you do have prior HD.

In 2007 you stated:

"Thanks for yur advice but way to late for that, but I have put in for Correction of Military records, still awaiting a answer from them,this was done with Rays help also."

Have you contacted this person?

As soon as I hear back from Ed I will give you his contact info