VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Baltimore,md. Varo Lost My Paper I Hand Carry To The Office To The Front Dest Clerk

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

On Oct 28,2007 I hand carry papers that the Baltimore,MD VARO needed from me. I got copies of some papers,but not all of the papersI turn in to the front desk clerk at the VARO. I Called 3 months later that The unemployeable papers I turn in Oct.28,07 the VARO Claim Depart did not receive my papers for the claim. What going on at the VARO or they trying to stop veterans placing claims? I need help.

DAV IU 100%

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Go back to the office and ask to see your claims filder and look at it. Then request a copy. If you have a POA, have them find it if you cant go personally, But if it were me, Id go.

I bet they do have them. They just arent looking.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

you say you turned them in OCt 28 2007 and called 3 mos. later??

that would be Jan 28 2008.

I hand carried eveything important to the Balt VARO. It all showed up in my file eventually. I think new items don't always make it to the file immediately. Then, once it's in the file it takes a while more to show in the computer.

I would ask if you have VSO but they are useless. You really need to find someone at the VARO who will help you. Mrs. Hones at Baltimore VARO was very helpful to me. She used to be a rater and now is in charge of the phone answerers.

I got so fed up with the RO losing my stuff in the 1990s that everything I sent them started to have a CC: to the Secretary of VA too (Jesse Brown,Gober etc -whoever it was)and I stated with the submission that -if what I identified in the cover letter -got 'lost' again-contact - the VA Sec for a copy.

I did this recently too- but told them to contact the General Counsel's benefits attorney in DC -if they 'lose' my IMOs- as he has a copy of them all.

Sometimes a date that VA has actual 'possession' of evidence can be critical to a claim.I have studied the Bell V Derwinski situation a lot- and this case clearly spells out "constructive possession" of evidence by the VA-doesnt matter who in the VA has the evidence, as long as someone does- (in most cases)

VARO gave me an erroneous decision in 1998 that my rep questioned but did not advise me to NOD it.

I Cued this decision- with a rater or someone now-

and had to bring up that the VA-in DC was in "constructive possession" of the evidence to support the CUED decision in DC for months at time of the alledged erroneous decision.

A misplaced TDIU form that never shows up can cause the vet TDIU retro-

years down the road -if this original dated form shows up- it had been in the VA's contructive possession all along and could be argued for the proper retro.

with mailings you can get a proof of receipt at the VARO-

dont they give you something in return as proof of receipt-when you hand deliver anything to them?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.