VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Adult Functional Report

Rate this question

william n

Question

hello just got a SSD functional report in the mail and need to return in 10 days..this is after i sent them a letter from my VA Dr. and VA Voc. Rehab Coordinator stating im currently disabled and not eligible for voc rehab due to my current disabilities,appts.,meds.,etc,...is there something i need to know prior to filling this out?? it states that if not received they will base their decision on current info in file..need feedback please//thanks, williamn

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Just be honest list all your meds and there side effects. And slip in that voc rehab report with it make sure its a copy it could not hurt. I used to send the va so many copies of every thing one day in the mail I got a fat brown envolope and the front page said " we have already got all these documents please dont send the same documents anymore ". Atleast I knew they got it. :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

William, just be honest and answer it to the best of your abilities. They will also send your wife one to fill out fairly soon.

They dont care if you can do light housework, or even use a riding mower for the grass.

Good luck,.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep its a standard report and everyone has to go through it. Nothing to really worry about but read the questions over a couple of times and keep it short and sweet. I recommend that Doc's you saw as a kid or for regular stuff leave them out. The larger the list the longer it takes and Docs that go way back are usually unavailable. Same things for clinics. Be sure and list the VA though.

Most of the questions are designed to see your Medical background, your meds, contact information how functional you are at home. I also recommend that after you finish it let it rest a few hours or over night and spot check the next day.

thanks for the replies,i filled it out honestly and stated what i can and cant do..mow the lawn,rake,...shaving,[grew a beard], combing hair[wear hat now]bathing[just half,can't reach the other side],lol,lol :rolleyes: i get the picture..alot of questions pertain to socializing as well..cooking[said no, all meals i eat are at the va hosp.]etc,.bending?kneeling?standing? etc,,. i should be alright..thanks, william n