Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thing That Make You Think

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Well, I had my C&P spoke with another member about my visit so I just thought I'd share a little with you. I had exams it the past were the Dr's grab or force you to do movements that push the limits of pain, (where my pain is lower back and legs also L-foot that kills I didn't bother with because my other injuries were so bad) they push you so far you start to wonder if you should even be there I'd say even guilty as you sit there with surgery pain and I know in my heart I shouldn't feel that way. Well, my wife and I left at 6 am on what is normally a 45 minute ride to a 8 am check in and a 8:30 am Apt we were almost late because of morning traffic and I thought I was going to cry seeing my whole life pass before my eyes and having a late thinggy on my report which would screw me if I rolled in an invalid. We just got there before check in and no one had even arrived we sat waiting and finally the wheels started to turn we went in and did a questionnaire and went to waiting room for the RN to do my P&C. I went in sat down and was asked your good days and bad days how are they, I answered with a " I'm still waiting on a good day" and ask about my pain then some small talk then the exam I got up she ask if I could do this and that not one measurement nor was I ask to perform one other than grabbing her fingers? Asked me to to blow my jaws like a blow fish checked my eyes, then went plum to the from of the Hospital to get me a chair, was out of this world nice and kind which has left me puzzled, either its going to be 100% or loose my 40%. Never have I in my life had I had an exam so easy. There is more too it but still after having time to take it in, it still leaves me with an on easy feeling. And this Pain chart who in the world invented this thing? who came up with this mild, moderate and severe that's like asking someone would you like fries or the bucket of potatoes. obviously there should be letters or numbers 1-10 in middle some where's so I chose the bucket the rest couldn't even begin to describe my pain..........Rich

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

It's difficult to read the c&p examiners. I thought I was completely out of luck when I reported for cardiac-related exam earlier this year. The claim was reopened as the result of new and material evidence--evidence that obviously had not been reviewed prior to my examiniation. The doctor was not friendly, but he wasn't evil either. He never looked me in the eye and appeared to be old enough to

be my grandfather and I am in my sixties.

Anyway, this doctor who seemed to have no empathy or concern about my condition rated me at 10 percent which pleased me. So...I don't know if the friendliness factor has any bearing on the ultimate decision. I do hope that in your case the doctor's actions indicate that she is going to rate you as you

deserve.

Good luck with your case!

I agree with Manitou, it's difficult to tell about these C&P exams. Just make sure you get a copy of the exam as soon as it becomes available, so that you will have some kinda idea how VA may rate you. A great strategy in planning your next move if needed. Good luck, hope it is a positive exam.

jmack

• HadIt.com Elder

I know several folks who actually do C@P exams. The good ones do their homework and I am willing to bet that your record was studied in advance and that the examiner had an idea about your condition before you arrived. It is nerve racking but I think you are going to come out OK. Get a copy of the report anyhow.

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have faith Rich that it went well for you but have to wait and see. Don't give up.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I know several folks who actually do C@P exams. The good ones do their homework and I am willing to bet that your record was studied in advance and that the examiner had an idea about your condition before you arrived. It is nerve racking but I think you are going to come out OK. Get a copy of the report anyhow.

I agree, I never had a bad C&P from a Doc that had read my file BEFORE the exam. The attitude of the Doc for my last C&P left me thinking that I was not going to like the report but when I read it I was surprized. He quoted from previous exam's and my private Doc's and agreed with them.

Good luck!

Time

I believe I am in the same boat. For the past month, I have been attempting to understand the C&P write-up on me. I had the C&P examination for an increase of rating in various joints. I am rated at 40% for Rheumatoid Arthritis, 30% for Cervicle condition, 10% for compression fracture in spine (T12), and 10% flat feet. The C&P doctor annotated his findings in four catergories, (1) my claims and conditions that I mentioned to the doctor, (2) his physical examination, (3) the diagnostic/clinical testing and (4) his diagnoses. With the execption of my left foot, my interpretation of the write-up seem to indicate mild conditions in most of my joints, (shoulders, hips, hands, knees, and feet). The findings of thr diagnostic/clinical testing indicated degenerative osteoarthritis of both hands, osteoarthritis of both hips, supraspinatus tendinopathy and AC joint arthrosis of the right shoulder, degenerative changes in both knees, and surgical fusion of left ankle. The doctor's diagnoses consisted of (1) Reiters disease, right knee without current radiographic evidence of inflammatory arthritis, but with radiographic evidence consistent with osteoarthritis and limited motion, (2) osteoarthritis of left knee limited motion, (3) degenerative arthritis of the hips without limitation to motion, (4) degenerative arthritis right AC shoulder, (5) left shoulder chronic straining without limitation to motion, left ankle arthrodesis with residual foot pain, (6) osteoarthritis of the hands without limitations to motion. So what I am saying is that, in my opinion, his physical examination write-up conflicts with the diagnostic/clinical testing and his diagnoses. So I have been wondering how I should interpret his write up and am anixious to find out how the VA will also.