Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Compensation

Rate this topic

cuchi

• HadIt.com Elder

CuChi

How was your prostate cancer discovered? I get the PSA once a year. I am RVN vet as well. Did you get a colonoscopy as well. The VA does insist on my doing the fecal occult blood test thing, as nasty as that is, but that is a positive for them since other docs don't do that often enough.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CuChi

How was your prostate cancer discovered? I get the PSA once a year. I am RVN vet as well. Did you get a colonoscopy as well. The VA does insist on my doing the fecal occult blood test thing, as nasty as that is, but that is a positive for them since other docs don't do that often enough.

My family doctor could not find anything kept saying my psa numbers were wonderful. I knew I needed a second opinion and went to a urologist did a dre and psa and after biopsy set up the surgery. I never found out about the VA and agent orange until 6 months after diagnosis. I am need of a colonoscopy just putting if off. I can now go to the VA doctors for that if I chose to.

Peace,

Cuchi

GREAT news Cuchi

for some vets Congressional intervention doesnt seem to help- it did for you-GREAT!

You had an obvious SC award and it should not have taken long-but the VA knows how to stalllllllllllll

Great News!

Thanks, I have one of those electric fireplace heaters and I enjoy mine.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Cuchi

• Founder
I received my 100% rating for prostate cancer with exposure to agent orange serving in vietnam 69/70.

It only took my representative a week to get my claim settled, which I had tried doing since june through the DAV.

I would encourage any vet to contact their elected representative in trying to get their claim processed. I know my claim was expedited due to my advanced cancer but if I didn't have the help from this congresswomen I would probably have waited a year or more for an answer.

Peace,

Cuchi

i am so glad you are now getting what is owed to you, thank you for your service and your sacrifice

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

congradulations on your claim, should have been a no brainer. Best the luck to you with your health condition, sure you will enjoy each day as it arrives

SSGMike.Ivy

Vietnam Veteran

4th Infantry Division

October 1968-October 1969

U.S. Army retired

Jr. Vice Commander

Father Vincent Capodanno Chapter 1101

Military Order of the Purple Heart

"To be a Veteran one must know and determine one's price for freedom."

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use