Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lot's Of Questions, Please Help.

Rate this question

Mitchell

Question

Hello all

I recieve 100% IU, and was rated at 70% for PTSD. Was rated the first time in 2000 at 60% My Decision paperwork for 70% ( from 2004 ) said follow up appointment Feb 2008. Then I got 100% IU (April 2005) it has no date given for appointment just states in the future. My condition has not changed, Gaf is lower though. And I have applied for SSD.

1 . When is app at C/P, or how can I find out when?

2 . If The 100% is removed do I return to a 70% rating ?

3. Does the Va review claims every 5 yrs ?

I just need to if there going to yank the carpet from underneth me and when.

Very worried .................

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VARO schedule for future is limited and like railroader said don't worry till you get a notice. You may consider asking for P&T if your conditions have not improved since your initial rating. Just my opinion if you ask they will review but its sort of up to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am also 70 % Sc and I was recently approved for SSD. When I filed for SSD, I also filed for both Percent schedular and IU. The VA has yet to make the award. I am confident they will asit is a matter of time.

Once you file for your SSD and get it, Then Ask the VA to rate you 100% P&T (Schedular) Remove the IU Designation. It is always better to be schedular maxed than IU for if you dont get SSD and you are schedular, At least you can still attempt to work and not be penalized by the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are rated IU as long as you don't go back to work you have little to worry about with re-examinations. Ask them to rate you P&T now. You have nothing to lose. I was rated P&T one year after getting IU. I appealed the denial of Chapter 35.

Hello all

I recieve 100% IU, and was rated at 70% for PTSD. Was rated the first time in 2000 at 60% My Decision paperwork for 70% ( from 2004 ) said follow up appointment Feb 2008. Then I got 100% IU (April 2005) it has no date given for appointment just states in the future. My condition has not changed, Gaf is lower though. And I have applied for SSD.

1 . When is app at C/P, or how can I find out when?

Answer: There isn't an appointment yet. The Varo will request this when it's time for review. You will be notified when the appointment is set.

2 . If The 100% is removed do I return to a 70% rating ?

Answer: If IU is removed your schedular rating may or may not stay at 70%. It could stay the same, be lowered or raised to 100%. If you have not been working and your condition remains the same or worse Then it's not likely you'll lose IU unless you get a 100% schedualar rating and don't need it.

3. Does the Va review claims every 5 yrs ?

Answer: Depends on the claim. Generally yes untill Permanant and Total is awarded. Then there are no more schedualled reviews but claims can still be reviewed if VA has a reason to do so. You have the option of filing for tthe VA to award P&T or waiting for them to do it on thier own after a review. If you have dependants that can use chapter 35 benifits it's probably a good idea not to wait on the VA.

The others have given good advice. I don't think you have to worry too much. As I understand it you pretty much have to be working to lose IU.

I just need to if there going to yank the carpet from underneth me and when.

Very worried .................