Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Raters

Rate this question

Mitchu

Question

What i want to know if it normal practice for raters to take files home to work on them? What type of security is there and how do we know that the privacy procedures are being followed?

Udog

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Many of the raters work at home and only come into the building for scheduled meetings and conferences.

Really? I didn't know that. So, then I guess it would explain how IMO's and other important relative information suddenly comes up missing. Well, that just ought not be allowed...raters taking work home-that is.

• HadIt.com Elder

Always bear in mind that VA employees are rated on what is called "work product," which means moving your file from point "A" to point "B," AKA in-box to out-box, not whether it's done right. With that in mind you should never feel offended. They screw everyone, not just you and they always assume the prior "rater's" work is correct, so they never look further than the previous rater's work product. Never ever give up. To do so is to allow them to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

I believe many C&P doctors do the same thing in the sense that they look at previous exam results and just duplicate them with a few alterations. This way they can crank out more exams per day and make more money. The neurologist that did my exam is the daughter of my private shrink. My shrink told me his daughter does six to ten exams a day when she does them. My exam took about five minutes. She gets 800$ an exam. The only real work she does is writing the reports which is half a page.