Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Office?

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

:rolleyes: Just got off the phone with the 1800 joke number. I was told that my claim is in the authorization office. Has anybody ever heard of that office? Or is it a new term to get me off of the phone? According to the 800 number its been with that office since January 5 08.

Thanks for any info

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have heard about it several times and I think but cannot prove that would mean your claim has been approved and the authorization office would be the place that a check is oked.

Maybe others can help me on this.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

My claim was in authorization twice and denied both times. It means thay need to authorize the decision. They have to authorize denials as well as approvals.

I was finally awarded service connection.

My claim was in authorization twice and denied both times. It means thay need to authorize the decision. They have to authorize denials as well as approvals.

I was finally awarded service connection.

Thanks Guys

Well this is an apeal after losing a NOD I took hadits advice and asked for a DRO hearing had that back in June then was given a C+P exam so I will hope for the best and keep you sll informned

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

In the past it always meant -when I heard this- that the claim had been approved-

3 signatures meant 25,000 or more in retro

BUT in Jan 2006 the VA 800 guy told me I had 3 signatures from authorization-

he acted like I had won the NYS lottery-

I wasnt so sure-------good thing I didnt excited over it-

the 3 authorizations (I learned in July) were to send the claim to the BVA.

I got it back-

Other reps there said there dont need 3 signatures to authorize a transfer to the BVA.

I still dont know what the rep meant in Jan 2006.

If you received a VCAA letter and fully complied with the evidence they wanted- it could be an award-

still hard to guess with anything the VA says.

Maybe your vet rep can give you a heads up on what it means.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess I would stick with the concept that until you see it in writing from the VA don't believe it. I was told a claim I had was at the "Front Office" and that I was getting big retro. It was just a lie and I got denied. That was years ago but nothing has changed.

I guess I would stick with the concept that until you see it in writing from the VA don't believe it. I was told a claim I had was at the "Front Office" and that I was getting big retro. It was just a lie and I got denied. That was years ago but nothing has changed.

Update

Like Gomer Pile use to say suprise, suprise. I called the D.A.V. yesterday and of course all I got was a voice mail. So I left a message last night about 845 I received a phone call from the D.A.V. Well at that time I was takeing my daily medication of pain pills and Jim Beam. I have never heard of the DAV calling at night. He told me that he would have somebody look into my claim and call me today. Oh by the way another appt at the VA medical center today have to meet with my surgon for my 3RD SKIN CANCER OPERATION RATED AT 0 PERCENT. Hope you all have a great day

Jim

Jim