Percentage Reconsideration

Rate this topic

danang_1969

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

yes,not successful yet though, in process, got letter they have my application (infamous VA no subject form letter) will update as it goes! cg

Has anyone ever had an success requesting a reconsideration and if so how much did they go up.

Danang_1969

Edited by cowgirl

Then during that period you can request a hearing or DRO review. A face to face with them might just add insight into your claim that they need to properly adjudicate it. Keep in mind though it does take some time to get the hearing and you will want to thoroughly prepare your evidence for them to look at.

I went from nothing nsc to 30 percent when they reconsidered it a few years back. Its sometimes definitely worth doing if you have some good new evidence to give them.

Tower Rat has a good point here. Make sure you submit new evidence, not repetitive evidence, not evidence that was in the file but not discussed by the rater etc........ It has to be viewed as new evidence by the VA. Also keep in mind that with a reconsideration, the dummy doing the reconsideration is the same rater that gave you the low ball rating in the first place.

Now before you do this put on your VA glasses. Look at your evidence as the VA would look at it. Make sure you do not sit around 8 or 9 months waiting on the dummy that rated your claim in the first place to simply issue you a piece of paper saying hey you have to have submitted new evidence in order to get a reconsideration. Sorry this ain't new evidence the way I see it so your rating decision remains the same.

If you are not certain the VA will view your evidence as new, then I would jump right into the NOD process and request a hearing with the DRO. Could save you some time. In my opinion new evidence is something that has been discovered by your doc and has never been mentioned anywhere in previous medical statements. However, only you can be the judge of how you think the VA will look at additional evidence submitted by you. :blink:

• HadIt.com Elder

Tower, sound like you and Rockhound should talk!! he is nsc I think and was online. cg

I went from nothing nsc to 30 percent when they reconsidered it a few years back. Its sometimes definitely worth doing if you have some good new evidence to give them.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use