Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finished My Stuff

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Wow, I was surprised and even shocked at times those SOB's. I really don't think they are there to make a diagnosis but to steer you into something other than PTSD. Very bizarre but I thought I handled it well even though he was looking for any other diagnosis than PTSD. I gave him my other Psyc Dr's letters right of the bat, looked them over and then after about 30 minutes he ask me "hows your relationship with your Dr?" my reply was he's a shrink there all the same you seen one you've seen them all, and ended his attack on one of my Dr's integrity and Dr. reports that deem me unemployable due to PTSD and this is one half of my claim. They are very critical of everything. I went to the restroom and he "The Examiner" walked me the longest rout, right by my side observing me the whole way. Even if they try to screw me don't let them screw you think things through before you answer. VA's motives are very clear they are not your friends! Rich

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie, I hope you complain if your exam didnt meet your expectations! Thoughts, did you look at the PTSD worksheet? Do you feel the exam covered the topics listed there? I think the exam worksheets are so important, I refer back to my first mh c&p, I was so unprepared, especially to discern the detailed report as a valid analysis of my issues. Meaning, after I got the denial and CFile, I wasn't prepared to read the oddball docs cheesy and detailed notes on my appearance and personality interaction with this er, unsettling male character. My claim - mdd with mst.

Now thanks to Hadit, I am aware of the exam worksheets and I am able to look back at the c&p more objectively, I see the doc did basically what he was expected to do to get his paycheck.(he was a contractor doc, not a local at all). On paper, it all matched up for the VA's needs, just not mine, and I still reel from the experience! Thankful my sc rating is good now. (wonder if I could get those notes out of my Cfile? ya sure, no way I bet!)

Basically, I was ignorant and didnt complain about how I felt the exam was poor, thinking my rights ended when I asked the VA for mst compensation and also maybe in denial a bit about mdd.

I hope you are surveyed about the exam to tell the VA how you feel - clearly related to your expeirence and the exam worksheet! Or if you dont feel it was sufficient to rate your claim, do you have a private IMO available?

In a heartbeat, I feel stronger fighting for my valid claims because of Hadit members reassurance, its the right thing to do and we arent 'marching' to orders anymore. In fact, we each have a individual name beyond, soldier, sailor, airman, marine and yer right, mines CG! Best to ya!

Wow, I was surprised and even shocked at times those SOB's. I really don't think they are there to make a diagnosis but to steer you into something other than PTSD. Very bizarre but I thought I handled it well even though he was looking for any other diagnosis than PTSD. I gave him my other Psyc Dr's letters right of the bat, looked them over and then after about 30 minutes he ask me "hows your relationship with your Dr?" my reply was he's a shrink there all the same you seen one you've seen them all, and ended his attack on one of my Dr's integrity and Dr. reports that deem me unemployable due to PTSD and this is one half of my claim. They are very critical of everything. I went to the restroom and he "The Examiner" walked me the longest rout, right by my side observing me the whole way. Even if they try to screw me don't let them screw you think things through before you answer. VA's motives are very clear they are not your friends! Rich
Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Cannot be stressed enough how you dress how you act your grooming and even innocent how are you today questions are critical. There is more or less a trick to everything that they ask you.

I can pretty much tell you that by todays politically correct standards anyone over 30 was an abused child even if our parents and family loved us. So when I am asked how my childhood was I always have the same answer the same more or less than most good parents and lots of friends.

I was penalized for years cause I wore a leather jacket to my first C&P

• HadIt.com Elder

I would ask for a copy of the C&P just as fast as you can.

It sounds a lot like the no good one I had.

I will pay for that one, I guess the rest of my life.

I complained about it to the VAMC in formal writing and no one did

squat.

I also complained to the R. O. Squat again.

The C&P has been almost 3 years ago and when I received my SSOC from

the AMC, same darn examination AXIS II Diagnosis:

"The most Current Credible Diagnosis". "

Personality Disorder not otherwise Specified with Borderline,

Historian, Dependent Traits."

The one by the no good Pxx Ant!

Am I discusted with that darn witch of a doctor, yes I am!

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie,

Hope you get a copy of your C&P soon to find out what it says. Meanwhile, keep notes and maybe then submit a complaint. Lets hope you have a gifthorse!

They let me in the military and I did purty well in my many years, so I guess I cut the mustard.

On to the VA, my first psych C&P talks alot to the childhood focus, very insulting and demeaning to my good family upbringing. Yes, words hurt, ow! Trying to forget that exam, wish I could have it removed from my Cfile and have it incinerated! That make me feel real good! Maybe I'll do that with my copy! oh yeah! Comments on how 'nice' I looked and well groomed I was while the whole exam made me very uncomfortable like the doc was uh, hm, eyeing me! Just recalling that makes me wanna take a bath - alone! I suspect if I ever have another C&P for mental health, I will 'demand' or request to have another person with me. Great va doc now, professional, straight talker and cool.

Best to ya, cg

Cannot be stressed enough how you dress how you act your grooming and even innocent how are you today questions are critical. There is more or less a trick to everything that they ask you.

I can pretty much tell you that by todays politically correct standards anyone over 30 was an abused child even if our parents and family loved us. So when I am asked how my childhood was I always have the same answer the same more or less than most good parents and lots of friends.

I was penalized for years cause I wore a leather jacket to my first C&P

Yes, definately get a copy of that C&P exam and when you request the copy, if you are at the Indy VA, it will first have to be reviewed by the mental health department before they send it to you. Keep us posted.

Cowgirl I did not have a work sheet however I feel his (VA DR) were trying to direct me, but in my opinion if you have it (PTSD) he sounds absurd. yes I have 2 IMO both deeming me unemployable. Thanks Rich