Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finished My Stuff

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Wow, I was surprised and even shocked at times those SOB's. I really don't think they are there to make a diagnosis but to steer you into something other than PTSD. Very bizarre but I thought I handled it well even though he was looking for any other diagnosis than PTSD. I gave him my other Psyc Dr's letters right of the bat, looked them over and then after about 30 minutes he ask me "hows your relationship with your Dr?" my reply was he's a shrink there all the same you seen one you've seen them all, and ended his attack on one of my Dr's integrity and Dr. reports that deem me unemployable due to PTSD and this is one half of my claim. They are very critical of everything. I went to the restroom and he "The Examiner" walked me the longest rout, right by my side observing me the whole way. Even if they try to screw me don't let them screw you think things through before you answer. VA's motives are very clear they are not your friends! Rich

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, definately get a copy of that C&P exam and when you request the copy, if you are at the Indy VA, it will first have to be reviewed by the mental health department before they send it to you. Keep us posted.

Hey Speaking Out, do you know if the Psyc. Dr giving C&P's at the VA could have been a civilian? Thanks Rich

Hey Speaking Out, do you know if the Psyc. Dr giving C&P's at the VA could have been a civilian? Thanks Rich

What is the name of the doctor you saw? When I had my C&P for psych it was a very young lady who did mine. It was about 3 years ago, but if you get me the doctor's name, I'll get you his info. Lisa

There just has to be some sort of recourse we can have against these quack contract shrinks!!! By now, it is blatently obvious that they are violating their Hippocratic oath! They blindly follow VA directives to deny Vets due rights. It happened to me and we constantly see it happening to others.

It is rediculous to me that we have to get a IMO to counter their false determinations. The VA knows full well that mental disorders are so subjective that they can say darn near anything they want and get away with it.

Sorry for the rant but I get fired up when the VA uses such dirty tactics against Vets. There just has to be some way, other than an IMO, that we can fight this! I had two VA Drs. give me acurate C&Ps, so the VA set me up with a contract shrink solely to throw a wrench into the works. It really stinks.

jaz

<_<

hey pete,

when i read my first c&p exam, i was floored. the ONLY reason i showered and put on clean clothes was because i was going to see the doctor!

he did not ask about my normal (or lack of) personal hygiene. he noted that i was groomed and wearing clean clothes that day. he did not note my suicidal or homicidal ideations or my way of downplaying how badly my depressive disorder was affecting my life. apparently, being polite to the doctor means i am not that ill. the next c&p, i was sure to bring it all out. amazing how there is only a few questions and a few minutes with a doctor who does not know me, and how it can affect my rating. where were the records from the VA hospital, the same VA hospital that I had my C&P? fortunately, the last doctor gave me a GAF less than 50, and that brought up my MDD from 30% to 70%.

well, i guess i am agreeing with you, and i hope anyone reading this realizes how important the few minutes you have with the c&p doctor will make a lasting impression.

Cannot be stressed enough how you dress how you act your grooming and even innocent how are you today questions are critical. There is more or less a trick to everything that they ask you.

I can pretty much tell you that by todays politically correct standards anyone over 30 was an abused child even if our parents and family loved us. So when I am asked how my childhood was I always have the same answer the same more or less than most good parents and lots of friends.

I was penalized for years cause I wore a leather jacket to my first C&P

did they note this? does a leather jacket make you a "rebel"? wow!

I looked my Dr,s name up and there he was! works with the University and the VA. I see where his thesis revolves around "schizophrenia" I mean his life works. I would go as far to say he mixes PTSD symptoms with or makes it sound like schizophrenia mental illnesses, so in his eyes if you really have PTSD he would say you have schizophrenia. Oh boy...............Rich

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

I had long hair back in the early 70's. The VA shrink had a crew cut. He basically said I was a bum because of my hair. Little things can hurt you with these people but you never know what kind of nut is going to be examining you. When you talk to the VA at a C&P exam there are no innocent remarks.