Rate this topic

Jim MAC

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim, Good SC 10% up to 80%! (applied for tdiu yet?) By the way, does DFAS show your crdp? Mine did a few months later. Your 60% was 'awarded' in 05? My 60% (ED 05,06) was awarded&paid in 07. You may want to contact the va by iris (cya) about the backpay? I was told what group I was in at least. VA direct deposited the $ unannounced, then I got the letter detailing how it went. Tax free retro check, I'm thankful. best to ya, cg

p.s. still havent got dependents retro

Carlie

Sc back to Aug 9th 04. Filed in Augst 04 Recd 60 percent in Sept 05 Appealed a few Items raise to 70 percent April 07 Went to DRO hearing Now 80 percent back to April 04. Still never recd a dime of back pay thou being a retire

Jim

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Jim, Good SC 10% up to 80%! (applied for tdiu yet?) By the way, does DFAS show your crdp? Mine did a few months later. Your 60% was 'awarded' in 05? My 60% (ED 05,06) was awarded&paid in 07. You may want to contact the va by iris (cya) about the backpay? I was told what group I was in at least. VA direct deposited the $ unannounced, then I got the letter detailing how it went. Tax free retro check, I'm thankful. best to ya, cg

p.s. still havent got dependents retro

I am hopeing to get my retro by next xmas this crad program has beeen a joke. I looked at the chart someone posted here a while back and according to DFAS they have fixed all the orignal claims. I guess they just forgot about me. Called them today and they said they are working on it. Have not applied for tdiu yet can still work

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

Last time I called 1800 re dependents retro, told could be up to a year to get the $ from increased rating last summer. Maybe just before school time clothes/supplies? oh well, better'n last time, said somethin bout outsourcing to another varo to get it done! (my whole Cfile moving, oooh, scary!)

I am hopeing to get my retro by next xmas this crad program has beeen a joke. I looked at the chart someone posted here a while back and according to DFAS they have fixed all the orignal claims. I guess they just forgot about me. Called them today and they said they are working on it. Have not applied for tdiu yet can still work

Jim

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Last time I called 1800 re dependents retro, told could be up to a year to get the $ from increased rating last summer. Maybe just before school time clothes/supplies? oh well, better'n last time, said somethin bout outsourcing to another varo to get it done! (my whole Cfile moving, oooh, scary!)

Cowgirl

Your reto for retires goes to DFAS first then to the VA. The people working on it are contrators from lockheed martin

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Cowgirl

Your reto for retires goes to DFAS first then to the VA. The people working on it are contrators from lockheed martin

Jim

Kind of interesting how contractors have taken over so many of the jobs previously done by soldiers or civil service employees--at least in the Army. With regard to the active Army and DFAS-related activities, many/most of the old soldiers with institutional knowledge and a professional lifetime of learning the ins and outs of the various pay systems were not replaced once they separated or retired (I was one of them, 23 yrs Army finance corps). Now you have people who are hired by the contractors, who have basically no prior knowledge of military or retired pay...

Just a comment...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use