Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hi Ho, Hi Ho , To Thr Bva I Go

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

I got the letter today. MY BVA hearing before a traveling judge is scheduled for the 28th of Febuary. Has anybody gone this route and how long after a hearing did they here the resluts

Thanks

Jim

PS this is for asbestoes

Edited by Jim MAC

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Jim, ain't nothing but a thing. I have not personally been there on my claim (I am in a waiting pattern for a teleconference hearing) but have helped others who have. They have normally been notified any where from 6 months to 1 year. Hope that helps and does not bring on another case of VA induced depression :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim:

Good Luck!!!!

Most who have reported to Hadit say that its a good experience and a chance to present your case and ask and answer questions. A chance to be heard is a great thing for a Vet with a good claim.

You will also have a VSO Rep with you and it would be the same as a VARO Hearing as it is taped and sworn testimony. Take you spouse or a family member as this usually helps with the claim and also helps with the nerves.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Well I think I will win this one. Went to my local VA hospital today and got a copy of Environmental health Persian Gulf exam. It states write on it Dyspnea, Parenchymal scaring. So how can the VA turn me down for asbestoes for scaring on my lungs? The VA own C+P exam given by QTC says as least as likley then not that the Vetran was asbosed to asbestoes in the service.

Anything else anybody can think of>

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

It would to go over the VA's asbestos training letter -here in the search feature-

these claims can be difficult- the VA contacts their PIES coordinator who determines if the MOS you had in service exposed you to asbestoes-

I think it is is always good to be detailed in the exposure as the MOS on your DD 214 might not reakly reflect how you were exposed.

"The VA own C+P exam given by QTC says as least as likley then not that the Vetran was asbosed to asbestoes in the service." I dint see why they denied- could it be that they questioned the actual diagnosis?

My asbestos vet died.

I am still very sad about this.

His claim was beautiful-but I think our mutual POA messed it up and I asked General Counsel to look into that-

He had a form of cancer directly attributable to asbestos.

the diagnosis was 40 years after service-NOT unusual per the VA's own training letter-

he was never a smoker and did not have post service occupation that exposed him to asbestos after service.

These claims can succeed-

as long as the disability can be medically associated to asbestos with no other possible etiology.

He died- and I had to tell the GC last month-and dont kow if they can still look into his claims-he had other disabilities too-but if my former POA buggered his claims (he had 2)I hope that rep sure gets called on the carpet for it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.