Imos Www.vetdr.net

Rate this question

VetDr

Question

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Are you looking for someone to do an IMO for you?

I would certainly never recommend that anyone get an IMO from someone they, personally, don't trust.

My personal opinion is that you certainly have the right to request a CV before you retain someone to do an IMO for you.

I cannot say I am in agreement that you have the right to require him to post his CV to the board before any other vet has the right to see his information. I am not in agreement that you should have the right to censure the information other members get if he does not meet your demands.

Again, I think we have to watch trying to protect people from the right to make their own choices. I think each of us have the right to make our own choices.

I did not see his initial post as advertising. I saw that he introduced himself, told us a little bit about himself. I think he was pretty real with us, and also pretty open about his experience and his intent.

This could be an opportunity for a win-win situation for the doctor and some vets -where they will get affordable IMOs to support their claims and he will get more experience to grow his business. Perhaps not; time will tell.

I was amazed when I looked up information on a medicine my husband was on and the website said if you lived in certain states you were not allowed to view the website. I was appalled! How in the world can they make it illegal to obtain information? That's what we call censorship - restricting the right of others to obtain information that we don't think they need, or that we don't want them to have.

When we start controlling the information other people have access to in order to control the choices they make, we are, in essence, taking over the power to make their choices for them.

If you have asked for the CV and the doctor does not provide it to you - then you certainly have the right to decide not to request an IMO from him.

However, trying to restrict OTHER members from access to information that they can use to make THEIR OWN choices is a whole different ballgame.

I know you have positive intentions; and you want to protect other vets from getting burned - but when we start trying to protect people from themselves and protect them from making their own choices - I get a bit nervous about that.

I think some of the most horrid things that have been done to me were done by people who thought their intentions were positive - that they were looking out for "my best interests" and somehow thought they were better able to judge what was in my best interests than I was. Often people with good intentions can whack your life harder than sworn enemies. And because they think they are "helping" you -they just keep on whacking."

I used to say a prayer of protection - "God, please protect me from people with good intentions."

Free

Thanks again to all - it will be interesting to see how and if he responds. I believe a request for his license numbers (thanks, Free - I'll hopefully look at what you sent after dinner) and cv is reasonable given his ability to advertise (which, in essense, is what he's doing) for free on hadit.

Thanks,

TS Snave

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

T Bird is most definitely aware of the Doctor and other than comply with his request to delete his first post due to crank calls has not said anything that I know of. I think TBird's priority has been and always been to help Veterans with their claims I am fairly confident that her restraint is to wait and see how and what we hear from Veterans about their contact and help from the Dr.

Certainly $ 395 is a very reasonable fee for a credential Independent Medical Opinion from someone with experience writing up opinions for VARO's. I have checked the website, read most of the posts and think that unless you have some actual experience or know of someone who has to not attack the Doctor and let the Veterans on Hadit decide if they want to risk their claim on a new Doctor who is charging in my opinion a very reasonable fee. I am not going to say cheap cause most Veterans that need this kind of help have financial problems.

So absent of TBird making a comment I propose that all back off unless they have something to add that could help us.

I have reviewed Dr Bartons credentials and find them to be top notch. My opinion cause I don't need an IMO right now but if I did I would certainly consider the good Doctor.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete - I hope you'll allow this post because at best I am being misunderstood and at worst misquoted and either way, in the interest of clear communication, I would like the opportunity to clarify.

Free - There is a big difference between request and demand. I requested, not demanded, that the VetDr provide his license numbers and cv on the board because I believe that it is a reasonable request that he do so since he used the board for his introduction, which, as you know, is unavailable to those of us who didn't read it originally.

I have never claimed the right, nor do I think I have the right "to require him to post his CV to the board before any other vet has the right to see his information." Again, I requested, not required, that he post his cv to the board. I certainly wasn't trying to prevent any other vet from having the right to see his information - which is on the world wide web for all to see anyway.

I do however, believe that if you are going to offer services (IMO or ditch digging, it doesn't matter) to a broad audience via a forum such as hadit that you should be willing to provide the answers to reasonable requests for information such as license numbers and cv info via the same forum you introduced yourself on. I think free accesss to his market on an open forum comes with a responsibility to answer questions regarding his services on that same open forum.

The only right that I exercised was the one that allows me, as a member in good standing, to ask that the moderators remove his content if he is not willing to give answers to the questions I posed. I respect the moderators and Tbird's roles and responsiblities to the membership and was simply voicing my request that they remove his content if he didn't reply. The responsiblity for that decision rests with them, not me.

Your comments about the damage people with good intentions can do is well taken, and while I think you have vastly misunderstood my intent on this thread, I agree with much of what you wrote.

Thank you for your posts and your email,

TS

• Founder

i have to tell you i had no idea this was going to be such a huge topic, the member requested i delete his post as stated in a previous post and i did just that and nothing more i made no judgement call, i have no expereince with the guy. this was totally his decison and not mine. it seemed like such a simple request, please delete my post, ok and then all this discussion about censorship and so on. i am just a bit amazed. my priority is to help veterans. it really is up to VetDr whether he chooses to post again or not. 12 crank calls would scare most people off. as i think it was berta said, we have a large membership, but an even larger amount of guests who read claims research and never sign up. so it's really hard to say who might have made those calls, but we do get some very odd folks from time to time and i always recommend never posting personal information on the net anywhere. i never have heard from him again.

tbird

T Bird is most definitely aware of the Doctor and other than comply with his request to delete his first post due to crank calls has not said anything that I know of. I think TBird's priority has been and always been to help Veterans with their claims I am fairly confident that her restraint is to wait and see how and what we hear from Veterans about their contact and help from the Dr.

Certainly $ 395 is a very reasonable fee for a credential Independent Medical Opinion from someone with experience writing up opinions for VARO's. I have checked the website, read most of the posts and think that unless you have some actual experience or know of someone who has to not attack the Doctor and let the Veterans on Hadit decide if they want to risk their claim on a new Doctor who is charging in my opinion a very reasonable fee. I am not going to say cheap cause most Veterans that need this kind of help have financial problems.

So absent of TBird making a comment I propose that all back off unless they have something to add that could help us.

I have reviewed Dr Bartons credentials and find them to be top notch. My opinion cause I don't need an IMO right now but if I did I would certainly consider the good Doctor.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.