Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Review

Rate this question

Jim_in_Sequim

Question

I have been receiving SSDI for 3+ years. I had an attorney and ended going in front of a judge who approved me in about 5 minutes.

A couple of weeks ago I recieved paperwork for a review. I filled out the forms and sent them back.

Today I recieved more forms from determination services WA state. They want me to fill out a Function Report-Adult.

This paperwork is from the same place that found me to be not disabled over three years ago.

I suffer from PTSD and yes I do get benefits from VA TDIU. VA had me go see a shrink about 2 years ago to see if things had change. They had not and was given total and permanant. Wife is eligeble for school benifits

I turn 60 in Oct this year.

I will fill out and return the forms and stress until I get an answer.

I hope I don't have to go through the attorney drill again.

Any advise on this

Thanks for the help in advance,

Jim in Sequim

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

i have gotten these re views from both the VA and SS...when i got my first VA one (2005)i was in the middle of SS so i sent that medical and now i see a shrink 2 times a month and once a year she writes a report for me ,,, i call this report my insurance ... i just turned my 2007 report into the va and SS and i think as long as i get these reports i will be fine... i think you need to go to meetings or something thru the VA at least once a month maybe for ever to keep the lion at bay... The first review i got from the va they assumed i was NO longer getting care becasue i was not using VA ... so they blindsided me with a lets review you .. but i had in hand my doctors report and beat them to the punch.. i have heard to keep your rating you will need to always assum they will try to say ... ha your not going to doctor you must be cured..

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim:

Hang in there and don't panic. Social Security has reviewed me twice since I got it and it was just pretty much routine. If I were you I would include a statement you can get from VA that shows that you are TDIU.

The first time I was reviewed by SS they wanted me to go to the DOcotor who messed up my first C&P. I told them hell would freeze over before I would see that quack and they gave me another Doc in a very bad part of town and I refused that. I finally sent copies of my VA award and that was that.

Besides if they say you don't need SS you still will get paid while you appeal. I really doubt that you will need a lawyer again.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can expect SSA to do at least a review every three years or so until you reach 62. Then they will likely not bother, unless you receive some sort of supplementary benefits from SSA. Remember that the basic SSDI payment normally reverts to a standard SSA pension at your full retirement age.

I have been receiving SSDI for 3+ years. I had an attorney and ended going in front of a judge who approved me in about 5 minutes.

A couple of weeks ago I recieved paperwork for a review. I filled out the forms and sent them back.

Today I recieved more forms from determination services WA state. They want me to fill out a Function Report-Adult.

This paperwork is from the same place that found me to be not disabled over three years ago.

I suffer from PTSD and yes I do get benefits from VA TDIU. VA had me go see a shrink about 2 years ago to see if things had change. They had not and was given total and permanant. Wife is eligeble for school benifits

I turn 60 in Oct this year.

I will fill out and return the forms and stress until I get an answer.

I hope I don't have to go through the attorney drill again.

Any advise on this

Thanks for the help in advance,

Jim in Sequim

i have gotten these re views from both the VA and SS...when i got my first VA one (2005)i was in the middle of SS so i sent that medical and now i see a shrink 2 times a month and once a year she writes a report for me ,,, i call this report my insurance ... i just turned my 2007 report into the va and SS and i think as long as i get these reports i will be fine... i think you need to go to meetings or something thru the VA at least once a month maybe for ever to keep the lion at bay... The first review i got from the va they assumed i was NO longer getting care becasue i was not using VA ... so they blindsided me with a lets review you .. but i had in hand my doctors report and beat them to the punch.. i have heard to keep your rating you will need to always assum they will try to say ... ha your not going to doctor you must be cured..

Thanks for the reply,

I do see a VA therapist every other week and see another therapist every 90 days for my medication.

All this info was sent to SSA. They must be to lazy to ask for info, so I will do it myself.

Jim in Sequim

• HadIt.com Elder

I am on the 7 year review plan with SSD because of my heart disease I am in my 5th year now but I know my heart hasn't gotten better and the VA awarded my 100% for PTSD in 2006 effective as of Dec 2003 so I feel safe on the review front at age 60 I don't think you have much to worry about....