Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Envelope!

Rate this topic

nlualum82

On Wednesday I got the official notice. Kind of anti-climactic since my SO showed me everything weeks ago, and I recently got the money, but I still had some anxiety until I got it.

I won't forget the help I got from the "Hadites", and hope to pass on the tradition.

Gary

70% PTSD/MDD

50% hearing loss

10% tinnitus

10% left knee injury

10% left knee degenerative joint disease

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I can't help but be a little relieved. The only thing I could possibly see appealing is my denial for chronic otitis.

Like tinnitus, it is either 0 or 10%.

They state that I do not have a diagnosis of otitis "media". my diagnosis is for otitis externa. I don't see either word in the CFR, just chronic otitis.

If "media" is essential to the rating, I concede that.

My problem with it arises in the examiners notes. Since switching to hypo-allergenic hearing aids, I have had less frequency, but he states that since the switch "...it is no longer a problem..." - an out and out lie from a very rude examiner.

Don't want to open a new can of worms - just finished digesting the last one! The 10% would not alter my new 90% rating, and I am getting a scrip from the VA for the otitis that helps me control it.

My next battle I'm trying to crawl out from under the covers and face is probably getting out of the post office in 1 piece or what's left of it, and filing for IU, hopefully P & T.

I find myself wondering if my perfect attendance is going to be the problem - I've been terrified of missing work, even when sick, thinking they are always looking for an excuse to fire me. Always worried about providing for my family, losing everything, etc., hasn't been a picnic for me or the postal employees or supervisors!

Gary

• HadIt.com Elder

Gary

now that you have the letter.....take it to the PO, tell them that you need accomodations because of you SC conditions........Make them make the next move..........pretty much garuntee they will either offer you the retirement or screw up the accomodation request.

This will start the process of you exit.......but it will be on your terms not theirs.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gary

If you want out of the Post Office on disability retirement it is not that hard. The medical is what counts and not anything management has to say. If you doctor does the medical the right way you will get your retirement. It usually takes 3-6 months from beginning to end.