Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My C&p Results For Ptsd.

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I received a GAF score of (40) and on the last page in "Comments" it said " if I would guess, I would say GAF would be around 63 with Anxiety and depression but combine with "borderline personality disorder" GAF is a (40)" ? what the hell does that mean??? Thanks Rich

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Betty, I was in the Army for years reenlist 3 times, Oh, I have to mention the VA pays for me to see a doctor out side the hospital and he submitted a evaluation of PTSD, ruled out personality disorder and the reasons why and stated I had PTSD and very detailed not open ended like this. Another Dr from SSA ruled the same and I never met him in my life and ran a different test. This VA Dr.Paul H Lysaker at Indy, wrote what he wanted too very little what I said or answered to his questions. I turned in both IMO to him and the VRO to be put in my C-file.I think he's got the personality disorder this was not what we discussed. Rich

Rich,

I just hate it so much when some doc sticks that P.D in their write-up of a veteran.

Always,

Betty

Bizarre-

has any doctor at all said you have PTSD?

I think you said they didnt-

If you have combat awards denoting combat or an established and proven nexus-

that would lead to PTSD diagnosis.

It looks to me that you have covered that:

"I just Hope they read letter from my commander and or 2 IMO's."

I assume the commander fully described the nexus (stressor) and that the IMO docs fully referred to it in the IMOs and made a nexus statement-

I cannot believe that over 3 years have passed since VA got my initial IMO and they still have not addressed it.

In 2006 they actually said via Iris that they did not have it nor the subsequent IMO from Aug 2006-

I have resent them many times and wrote a letter to them (Buff VARO) recently stating that if these IMOs are again missing to contact XXXXXX at the office of General COunsel VA -they have them too.

(this is funny -the day after I sent the VARO this letter

I got a letter from the OGC -they had LOST the matter I had brought to their attention-I had to copy and re-send 60 pages

to them in DC-)

well it wasnt funny when I got their letter and got on the phone immediatley with them-

here I am telling the RO where they can get copies of my IMOS and the OGC had already lost them-

at least the General Counsels office had the decency to search all over for it first and then advise me by mail that the whole 9 yards was gone.

If I could bill VA for reimbursement of the copy costs and postage fees of what I have had to continually replace (since 1995) I would be

in a lounge chair on a cruise ship deck by now eating gourmet food and reading romance novels all day.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Bizarre-

has any doctor at all said you have PTSD?

I think you said they didnt-

If you have combat awards denoting combat or an established and proven nexus-

that would lead to PTSD diagnosis.

It looks to me that you have covered that:

"I just Hope they read letter from my commander and or 2 IMO's."

I assume the commander fully described the nexus (stressor) and that the IMO docs fully referred to it in the IMOs and made a nexus statement-

I cannot believe that over 3 years have passed since VA got my initial IMO and they still have not addressed it.

In 2006 they actually said via Iris that they did not have it nor the subsequent IMO from Aug 2006-

I have resent them many times and wrote a letter to them (Buff VARO) recently stating that if these IMOs are again missing to contact XXXXXX at the office of General COunsel VA -they have them too.

(this is funny -the day after I sent the VARO this letter

I got a letter from the OGC -they had LOST the matter I had brought to their attention-I had to copy and re-send 60 pages

to them in DC-)

well it wasnt funny when I got their letter and got on the phone immediatley with them-

here I am telling the RO where they can get copies of my IMOS and the OGC had already lost them-

at least the General Counsels office had the decency to search all over for it first and then advise me by mail that the whole 9 yards was gone.

If I could bill VA for reimbursement of the copy costs and postage fees of what I have had to continually replace (since 1995) I would be

in a lounge chair on a cruise ship deck by now eating gourmet food and reading romance novels all day.

Yes I have 2 Dr Stating I clearly have PTSD and letter from Conpany commander at the time.

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• HadIt.com Elder

Let me see if I can get this straight.

You had your first C&P for PTSD. Is this Correct?

You waited two years for this C&P? Is this correct?

In this C&P did they mention the word PTSD?

You have two IMO's. Are these IMO's from the doctors the VA pays you

to see. In other words your IMO's are your medical treatment records.

Do these doctor treat you on a regular basis for the PTSD?

You have a letter from your " Commander", to verify your stressors.

Right?

I am puzzled why you do not have an AXIS 1 - PTSD.

Pardon and excuse me, but I am a little on the blunt side today.

Forgive Me,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie, I think you will be OK. The Depressive disorder is secondary to your service connected disabilities.

According to the schedule for rating disabilities,

You should be Service connected.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.