Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Survey

Rate this question

fishes

Question

I received from Minneapolis Mn a letter asking me to help in a study about PTSD and my perspective of how it affects me and my life. I have a claim pending with BVA for PTSD. My question is should I do it. The things I have to say are not flattering to the VA or the care we receive. Should I do the survey and has anyone here received a letter. They need to be told

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is that the VA will pick the one good thing you say about them and quote that remark to congress. The bad stuff gets lost. Their number one commandment is "CYA". Number two is "make your boss look good". Number three requires knee pads.

I have a trust issue when it comes to the VA system so I take caution and have not filled out any survey's that have been sent they hit my file 5! but I have called the VA and made a complaint that was warrented and I am still waiting for there solution to the incident...but I will not hold my breath.

I feel strongly that you can do one of two things when there is a problem...sit and complain or take action. Will a survey help improve the system it depends on the question are they slanted to make the VA system look good?

Are the Question's targeted to cutomer service or quality of care...can you write your answer if none of the choices reflect what you observe...

I believe if you have a concern on the way you have been treated it is always better to write a well grounded letter and submit it to your state representative at least there is a chance you will get an answer.

MT

I received from Minneapolis Mn a letter asking me to help in a study about PTSD and my perspective of how it affects me and my life. I have a claim pending with BVA for PTSD. My question is should I do it. The things I have to say are not flattering to the VA or the care we receive. Should I do the survey and has anyone here received a letter. They need to be told

Is this what they call a Oxymoron? when I went to the VA they said it was a BPD not PTSD I just be glad they didn't send you a survey for that,lol. I'd fill it out and add it to your C-file..........Rich

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."