Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For You Ptsd's

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

I submitted 2 IMO's on my claim, how much weight do they actually carry with the evaluation board? How are they Viewed? 1 was from a forensic psychologist for SSA and 2nd was a regular psychologist appointed locally by the VA for evaluation and therapy. Both in favor of PTSD from combat and and the VA of course favored BPD with GAF of 40? still waiting on decision , but I guess I must ask these questions....... Thanks Rich

P.S I left the papers in my car soon as it gets here I will post.

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Snave,

I didn't post the VA's exam because they use 15 pages in what 2 other examiners did in 3 or 4 to the point. I gave the just of it on my last post. Trust me I was kind, the point was that even with 2 IMO's that look solid, the VA goes after any group of things in your life that would give the illusion "YUP HERE IT IS!!" attitude to lead you or walk you their way. I don't care if you seen an after school fight, or dad stayed at uncle Joe's when mom and dad got an argument. You see this is where you really have to choose your words carefully because your exam may read like so," Mr. X was around constant violence as a child and remembers when mother and father got in a fight and there father left him at an early age and Mr. X felt abandon" see how I have twisted this to shape your borderline personality disorder from something you didn't say? This is about, but not this extreme my exam was shaped. They pick and choose parts of your life and then they twist it to fit and fill in what the think fits. These guys are sharp.

You can read my last post to see what he said about my 2 IMO's. I worried about this like crazy for a while , but I don't sweat like I used to. Even if I get screwed I will fight it and win. It's not just me its most, but I was under the impression no way this could happen to me, imagine my shock. I though it was someone else's exam. My thought is if you go in a C&P with no IMO it leaves room to break it off in ya,... Rich

Edited by yoggie2

Yoggie,

Thanks for the head's up. I guess I had it easy during my C&P exam. The shrink asked me what my childhood was like and I said my dad worked, my mom stayed home, the kids were all in either sports or (my sister) piano, and we went to church on Sundays which she pretty much wrote down verbatim and then added "no childhood abuse issues reported"

After reading yours, Betty's (Josephine), and other articles on watchdog.org it seems like the whole PD issue is a real mess. If you didn't have problems as a kid then I don't understand how they can try to slap it on you as an adult.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Thanks,

TS

No problem snave, I thought really hard about showing these IMO because you expose your self a little more than I'm comfortable with but if it help a younger vet or any vet for that matter it's worth it. Its no cake walk, no matter how much you were fighting daily for your life and others they make you earn every penny on and off the field of battle for injuries an as PTSD. Rich

• Founder

yoggie i think you find the information below helpful

GAF Scale

Veterans Benefits Manual 2002 from The National Veterans Legal Services Program In conducting psychiatric examinations, VA psychiatrists and other VA mental health medical examiners use the Global Assessment of Functioning (GAF) to evaluate the veteran's overall psychological, social, and occupational functioning. The GAF is a numerical assessment that employs a scale of 1 to 100.

GAF Scale http://www.hadit.com/gaf.htm

Link to PTSD information http://www.hadit.com/PTSD

Link to 38CFR4 Schedule for rating disabilities for Mental Disorders, including PTSD http://www.hadit.com/38CFR4_Schedule_for_Rating_Disabilities

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.