• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Brown Envelope

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

As you guys can see, here is my IMO's

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...art=#entry79509

I was denied on every single thing I file for my IMO's were never even given a mention, I was keep at 40% for my same injuries, every thing was denied ever thing. My commanders statement was not given a mention, my private medical records were not mentioned. and exam on the medical report that was explained that most of them were not even performed and I showed no symptoms of PTSD denied completely no record of it in my file and I was treated in the Desert during gulf war 2. I couldn't be more shocked if someone closed to me had died........Rich

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry Berta, the only song I can think of. Holding on to nothing- David Gray

I feel I went in as prepair as one can be. I've had these's aflictions pulling at me what seems to be my life after service, never asked for much ever, even though, well shit this is a hard blow. I have no words...

I feel I went in as prepair as one can be. I've had these's aflictions pulling at me what seems to be my life after service, never asked for much ever, even though, well shit this is a hard blow. I have no words...

Hey Yoggie,

Oh, Boy! I think I will jump on this band-wagon...I remember all to well, when I filed for an increase in my disability, and I knew within my heart that I had good solid evidence to prove it, and then I received a letter from the VA saying "We propose to reduce your rating from 50% to 30%, because we feel that you have some improvement in your disability". I thought, "You have got to be kidding me!". So from that day on, I was fighting the VA not to reduce my rating, when instead I should have been waiting for my letter staing that "We have increased your rating to 70% or !00%". I spent more time trying to prove I was indeed still as sick or more sick then what I was when we started this whole process.

All I can say, is "Please don't give up". It easier said than done, trust me I know.

Cherie33

Well, I took it very hard, evidence was never considered 10 days from when they received my file a decision was made. my medical file was 4" thick just my active duty? evidence I submitted was at least 2" not to mention what they have added since then. As I sit here I can't help but think this is there answer to speeding up the process. From the way my denial letter read the only evidence considered was theres.... Rich

• HadIt.com Elder

yoggie2,

By all means go for a hearing. Face them face to face and show them the IMO's and the information they failed to read.

You are right the only evidence they read was "their own."

Beat them at their own game.

Betty

Just remember that sometimes people hope that they can pass something by you and that you will not notice. If you take the appropriate steps in approaching the VA and show them that you have the facts, and can back them up they have no other choice. I can tell you this from experience. I am about to take my own advice here pretty soon, and I hope that you remember that if you show them that you have your stuff together, you can do nothing other than win. Dont overlook the possible need of outside help for this either. It is the wise man that knows when time to get help. Sorry for the way things are going. I know it seems bad, but keep on having hope. There is always a chance that things could be tter.