• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Brown Envelope

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

As you guys can see, here is my IMO's

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...art=#entry79509

I was denied on every single thing I file for my IMO's were never even given a mention, I was keep at 40% for my same injuries, every thing was denied ever thing. My commanders statement was not given a mention, my private medical records were not mentioned. and exam on the medical report that was explained that most of them were not even performed and I showed no symptoms of PTSD denied completely no record of it in my file and I was treated in the Desert during gulf war 2. I couldn't be more shocked if someone closed to me had died........Rich

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, Voggie, hang in there.

I just received a denial for TDIU. I haven't been able to work in 5 years. I'm 80%.

I'm on Social Securiy and have been since 2003.

My VETERANS AFFAIRS psychiatrist, in his last report, states that I have a "CHRONIC", severe, case of Major Depressive Disorder and that all he can do is treat the symptoms.

The IDIOT rater, in his denial, quotes the psychiatrist's last opinion (the one I just referred to) and states "the veteran does not qualify for TDIU do to the fact that he is not "permanently" disabled and his condition is LIKELY to improve....."

WTF??

The SOB took my VA psychiatrist's treatment notes and decided that my VA psychiatrist was WRONG...that I was NOT chronically ill, but that I am LIKELY to improve.

All I have to say is this: When you have a system whereby some NON-MEDICALLY QUALIFIED employee can change the DOCTOR'S statement to suit the Rater's purpose....then HOW ya gonna WIN?

Not only that, but in my claims file is not one, not two, but THREE copies of my Social Security records INCLUDING my "award" for Social Security benefits, and these records plainly state that my disability is totally due to my service connected injuries.

My social security records are NOT MENTIONED anywhere..........

I'm still in dazed wonderment...?

I've backed off from trying to counter this foolery, until I can at least MENTION the VA without calling on G-d to destroy them.........not in such nice wording....but G-d knows what I mean.

I don't do well when I am mad. I don't even make much sense.....

Just remember that sometimes people hope that they can pass something by you and that you will not notice. If you take the appropriate steps in approaching the VA and show them that you have the facts, and can back them up they have no other choice. I can tell you this from experience. I am about to take my own advice here pretty soon, and I hope that you remember that if you show them that you have your stuff together, you can do nothing other than win. Dont overlook the possible need of outside help for this either. It is the wise man that knows when time to get help. Sorry for the way things are going. I know it seems bad, but keep on having hope. There is always a chance that things could be tter.

Well, I agree things can only get better..............Rich

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks Rich and I talked at length tonight about this. The Indy RO or should I say acting RO is just like the One I had in 98 at Louisville.

I know his reports and the C@P's were favorable to him on the Knee Exam and PTSD. At least as likely as not related to incidents in service.

What are we suppposed to think when somthhing like this happens to a fellow Vet. Sure we hear a lot of information and we can reasonablly determine a success story by the wording used on C@P reports.

There is usually some story behind the story that we dont get to see in A lot of cases. Folks, This claim is as legitimate as they come. I have spent some time with Yoggie and I am as shocked as he is.

What else does this leave? I have to say I agree with Pete and the Acting RO and his staff didnt read the file. They listed it in evidence but they didnt read it.

I guess they dont want to deal with it so they quick denied it.

Rich, Ask for a DRO hearing. Anyway when you receive your Statement of case from The RO, it should have a form 9 with it. The Form 9 is an appeal form. Fill it out and get it back. There is a 60 day time limit on the form from the issue to the Ro Recipt.

I challenge all Hadit members, Expecially the elders to come up with some Ideas to help this guy out. We have some folks here who are very good at this stuff.

Well, I would like to thank you guys for the kind comments. If you were to ask me how I see my self , I'd say I'm the hard type nothing really scares me I've seen it all and live to try to forget. When I opened up that envelope and saw that first page, I saw my whole world seem like it just ended and brought me to my knees. This madness happens to other people not me or was it just my turn. I didn't have the heart to tell my wife what they had done to me or us 2 years I waited and waited and waited and they went through my claim at record speed 1 week from the day the rater received it I got it. It would take them that long to type it. I've lost everything now more waiting,Yup I'm pretty pissed......Rich

Out of all this anger and confusion I feel I found something that made me laugh at my reply but this statement is funny in its self, I know it isn't what the author meant. But the timing is perfect, lol. This was posted yesterday when my brown envelope blew up in my face. I guess timing is everything....Rich

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...art=#entry79912