Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Expect At C&p Exam For Physical Issues

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I recall, what I should expect at C&P exam is the doctor should have my Cfile on hand, SMRs if available and the exam worksheet (printout or on computer) correct?

But I suspect nowdays, realistically, its going to be the doc, the computer and me, right? possibly xrays or blood tests?

Thanks, cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

you have to be wary of the VA, when it comes to c&p exams, my last 2, I wasn't even told I was having one, the first one I found out a month later, when i received a letter in the mail, the one 2 weeks ago, I found out when I went in for travel pay, he said I had a c&p exam, the Doctor told me it was a follow up exam, from being in the hospital 2 weeks earlier, so they do like to lie, plus the doctor was my primary I have had for the last 5 years at the VA in Fargo, ND, I was in his office for 10 minutes, still don't know what the c&p exam was for, probably find out in a few weeks, when i get a denial.

One key thing is tell how you feel on your worse day, if you say OK they will say nothing is wrong with you no matter what the C&P is for. Make sure you pay attention to everything they ask or do to you. I found out what they were suppose to be doing on the C&P for example problems with your back or limps they suppose to use a gizmo like a protractor to measure range of motion. Tell them when you FIRST start feeling pain not when you can't move it. (they do not tell you that). You can find the examineing requirments on the internet.It took me 10 years, but I am 90% combat related and 100% non combat P&T.

Cowgirl I have had 2 in the past year. The first one was by a neurosurgeon who was great. He looked at my xrays and said you need to go right now and apply for the rest of your body. He even mad suggestions as to when it something hurt when I moved it. It hurts now right. You can't do this right.--This guy was an exception to the rule, did I get a lot no but it was a start.

Had I had the information about the exams I would have know what they were going to ask and how to answer it.

My next exam was not that good it lasted over an hour. I got a 20% increase for pain in my hand and foot. I found out when I reviewed my records he was instructed to make an opinion if my claims for secondary were related to my sc. I worded my claim wrong to a point, but I could have and many still appeal, as my right knee is getting really painful, and it is due to the way I walk due to my sc left ankle and foot.

He pretty much went by what they are suppose to ask according to the section on exams. If he had my C file or old records I didn't see them. It was me, him and the computer. I had to insist that he look at my xrays on the computer. I know he didn't know how to read them and was going by what the radiologist wrote, which isn't necessarily correct. I have had a Rad say my xrays are normal and the same day a different Rad wrote how severe my xrays are. My xrays show how bad my disability is, my outward body doesn't. Without actually looking at my xrays I think they would find it hard to understand my pain level or inability to do certain motions.

I do suggest you review what they are suppose to do and also review the section of how it is rated by percentage 38cfr. Whatever you do tell them your worse day. If you happen to be going on a good day, don't tell them that. When they ask how your doing, say, not good I hurt this or that.

I went on a bad day which helped me. Had I gone on a good day, it would have been a disaster. I would have said I'm good today.

When I was reviewing how to write my SSD claim, it was suggested that you look at the worse week you have had and tell them that. If you having really bad days write that down so you can remember how bad you felt on those days and that's what you tell them.

Hope this helps.

Yes, your physical appearence will be noted. In one, I wore relatively new shoes for looking nice. Considering one thing being examined was flat feet, that wasn't a good idea. The exam noted no unusual or uneven shoe wear. Denied!

The woman had two phone calls while I was being examined. It sounded like she was arguing with her husband/whatever. My VSO noted my exam was the worst reaming he ever saw. :lol:

The next one I wore my heavily lopsidedly worn boots and got SC. tHis examiner was open, perfunctory and professional. His report didn't do me any favors but neither did it ream me. Just what it's supposed to be I reckon.

Just insist they don't take any personal calls... :P