Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Writing To Everyone!

Rate this topic

yoggie2

yoggie,

I see you been diagnose with combat Post-traumatic stress disorder,i thank the problem is that va can't verify your in-service stressor.what you need to do is go back and search your unit histroy and find out what happen doing the time you was with the unit.SUCH AS: Names of anyone killed of injure,or getting mortar by the enemy of killing the enemy anything that caused your trauma.You need to get dates of as close as possible of these event,remember the stressor that you submit have to be the reason you have PTSD.If you have adobe reader pdf file downloaded on your computer,you can go to the Department of Veterans Affairs web-site and download form 21-0781,This form is:Statement in support of claim for service connection for PTSD.Fill out this form with your in-service stressor,dates,places, unit you was in when event occur.Submit it to your regional office by ceritified mail.I hope this helps

Mobie16r

100% PTSD

Edited by mobie16r

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yoggie,

I see you been diagnose with combat Post-traumatic stress disorder,i thank the problem is that va can't verify your in-service stressor.what you need to do is go back and search your unit histroy and find out what happen doing the time you was with the unit.SUCH AS: Names of anyone killed of injure,or getting mortar by the enemy of killing the enemy anything that caused your trauma.You need to get dates of as close as possible of these event,remember the stressor that you submit have to be the reason you have PTSD.If you have adobe reader pdf file downloaded on your computer,you can go to the Department of Veterans Affairs web-site and download form 21-0781,This form is:Statement in support of claim for service connection for PTSD.Fill out this form with your in-service stressor,dates,places, unit you was in when event occur.Submit it to your regional office by ceritified mail.I hope this helps

Mobie16r

100% PTSD

I did alot of this backed up with a letter from my commander at the time along with 2 IMO's and seemed to mean nothing.

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

Yoggie,

This is what it takes to get service connected for PTSD

Service connection for PTSD requires medical evidence

diagnosing the condition in accordance with VA regulations; a

link, established by medical evidence, between current

symptoms and an in-service stressor; and credible supporting

evidence that the claimed in-service stressor occurred. If

the evidence establishes that the veteran engaged in combat

with the enemy and the claimed stressor is related to that

combat, in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to

the contrary, and provided that the claimed stressor is

consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships

of the veteran's service, the veteran's lay testimony alone

may establish the occurrence of the claimed in-service

stressor. 38 C.F.R. § 3.304(f) (2005).

mobie

Yes, I know this well and I have more than the following except for combat badges, They didn't give Badges to us at the time if they did I'd Have 1 studded with seeds or leafs or what ever branch ur in. My company had carried troops to the battle does this mean we are less worthy? A lot of things have changed since I left service, Soldiers all wear the Beret that was a sign of excellence of a field. Not saying others were not but some in the vicinity of combat get badges, when others are in deep. At the same time I've seen others trying to get badges by any means, but I know one thing for sure that hasn't the mental effect of physical combat lives with you forever brother and changes you to someone you wasn't and down a continuous path if not treated. I have more than enough, anyone who been baptized by constant barrage of fire knows it and its then you know that kid in you is gone if your lucky enough to live through it. I do feel for sure if this was not a big subject for these new soldiers (I truly feel for) these day's I'd been done, its not there fault it just the way it works right now. Record amount of PTSD claim the VA is and are tightening the standards which apply and the day's of taken someones word for it are gone. Golly I hope this post didn't sound angry. I truly feel my claim filed 6 years ago wouldn't have near the trouble as today with physical injuries alone. Its not just me its all of us we are all held to a newer standard, the VA has lifted the bar is all.

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use