Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Brother's Jounery Has Ended

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello:

Thought i would let everyone know that my Brother died today after a long battle with cancer. He has been undergoing Chemo since August for Stage 4 Liver Cancer. [ he had Colon Cancer 27 years ago and then lung cancer 2 years ago and his last cancer was diagnosed in August 2007] He had been doing better we thought until he fell last Thursday hitting his head. At the hospital CT scan reveled that the cancer has invaded his brain and though out his entire body. His Chemo was discontinued and he went in a coma Saturday. He faught a real battle and was so brave until the end. He gained many friends at the local VA here in Columbia Mo through out his illness and each person he had come in contact with the last few months with the VA [ Dr's and Nurses both] came to visit when they learned he was in the hospital and checked in with us everyday to see how he was doing. I can say that his last few days and hours were filled with compassions from all his nurses and Dr's and was treated very respectfully through it all, They have become great friends with the family who needed them at this time. I was impressed!!!

Jessie ;)

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am deeply sorry for your loss...may God grant to you the mercy and grace you need during this time of sorrow...and may you be comforted with only the proud and joyful memories...

Thank You Nic:

I have been blessed with a lot of Proud and Joyful Memories. We all do and i'm sure each one of us are taking Comfort right now from those memories. His Daughter call this morning and ask us to write a few of our favorite memories for the funeral service. We have a lot to share.

Thank You Jessie

Very sad news Jessie-

I guess we really have to consider death more as change than as loss---your brother's spirit will always last with you and your family.He is in Peace -I will say prayers for you all Jessie-and prayers do give us Great comfort.

Thank You Berta:

I know my Brother, Bless his heart is at peace today, We haven't lost him forever he will be waiting to greet each one of us as we make to the doors of Heaven.

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

Jesse, Your brother has not left you. He has entered another dimention of existance. You believe and you will see him again. Losing the ones we love hurts and time does not heal but it does make the reunion closer. In the meantime, cherish the memories you have, Celebrate his life. Life is indeed too short but God has a reason for everything.

Bless your family and I will put your family on our prayer list.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

My wife`s and my heart's go out to you for your loss.

Cancer is a beast she has dealt with and the fear it causes is horrible.

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

Please accept our deepest condolences in the passing of your Brother.

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.