Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Do I Report A Dav Rep Too

Rate this question

ruby

Question

In my thread is my claim screwed up from the get go. The DAV rep I had submit my claim and then supposely fix the vcaa notice flat out lied to me and I feel she needs to be reported to someone for her attitude and actions.

I finally was able to speak with her late today, she said a lot of things but what really upset me is her flat out lie.

When I called her 2 weeks ago, she said she was typing up a response and she would hand carry it to the person working my claim and she would send me a copy of what she wrote. I have waited 2 weeks for this letter that she never did.

What really pisses me off is when I asked her to tell me what she wrote she became indignant and said repeatly I'll send you a copy so you can read it. In my opinion she was hostile after I asked her for a third time to tell me what she wrote which she refused to do--I should have known then something was wrong.

Today she says I never said I would send you a letter, I said the VA would send you a letter to correct the VCAA notice and beside that you never put anything in writing to me to correct anything, but I do remember talking to the person doing your claim.

I lost composure at this point, and ask her what her problem is, her indignant and condensending attitude and behavior was not necessary. I informed her that I have no legal proof that she did anything to correct this error and I have done nothing waiting on her actions, that she never did but lied and said she did.

I expect her to send me a letter stating what actions she has taken. She also said she would go speak with this person tomorrow to find out what is happening.

I am pretty much screwed with this claim, if this rep has any repore with the case worker and says anything about our conversation my claim is toast. I'll probably be waiting for the rest of my life for this claim.

How many other claims has this person possibly screwed up, and the Vet has no proof of anything, no proof of talking to the rep therefore no proof they disputed the VCAA notice.

This is not right--while it may be ok to just walk up and talk to the person doing the case, she flat out lied that she was putting anything in writing and that she was sending me a copy of that letter.

What do I do now, who do I call about this situation to make sure its corrected.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I do not have a DAV rep, mine is from AMVET. The only thing he does is monitor my claims for me. I do not let him submit paperwork, I do that on my own and let him know that I have sent it. If my claim gets screwed up, then I will be the one to blame.

I am not saying everyone should do this, it is just the way I operate.

Tim

Vet and proud of it