Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My 100 % Ptsd Changed To P And T

Rate this topic

ironfaux

i applied for disability for ptsd in 2004 and was awarded 50 % .

my ptsd seemed to get worse so i tryed to get into bay pines in treatment stp but after speaking with a phd she informed me i might be too messed up at that point in time (my gaf was 28) and i should reallpy in a month or so.

i got my congressman involved and low and behold , a few doors opened.

so i spent a long weekend on the flight deck and asked for an increase in my disability , well bingo i got 100%.

its turned into the sword of damaclese because i am slated for a review in 2009 and if after finally being able to pay my bills it could be taken away.

btw i also ended up with copd, congestive heart failure and heart irregularity beating non service (though i think its from the stress)

what do i need to do to get it changed to t and p

thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume that you would have to maintain eligibility for a few years to get P&T for this.

Then again I have heard of people that are listed as P&T that still have to get exams.

I am sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

i applied for disability for ptsd in 2004 and was awarded 50 % .

my ptsd seemed to get worse so i tryed to get into bay pines in treatment stp but after speaking with a phd she informed me i might be too messed up at that point in time (my gaf was 28) and i should reallpy in a month or so.

i got my congressman involved and low and behold , a few doors opened.

so i spent a long weekend on the flight deck and asked for an increase in my disability , well bingo i got 100%.

its turned into the sword of damaclese because i am slated for a review in 2009 and if after finally being able to pay my bills it could be taken away.

btw i also ended up with copd, congestive heart failure and heart irregularity beating non service (though i think its from the stress)

what do i need to do to get it changed to t and p

thanks

PT means very little to the VA ... they will still re exam you if they want to the way i got PT was after 5 years of no changes it was granted of course i had to ask for it.. if you want to keep your rating forever or till its time to check out .. Keep going to the meetings forever. I see a doctor 2 times a month and when i get these re eval letters i send in my doctors report so far its been fine.. they the VA just wants to be sure you did not self cure yourself...

• In Memoriam

If you received a letter telling you that you have been changed to 100%, check the wording, because the P&T can sometimes be very vague. The P&T will not be in the decision, but under the decision in a sentence saying there will be no further exams.

If you received property tax releases, for your years in waiting a decision, this is another indication that you are P&T.

If you are not P&T now, all you can do is ask for it.

Get a statement from your doctor that provides his opinion that your condition will never get better (treatment may make it easier to live with). Then send it in and ask for the PT status. If they ignor it then the only thing you can do is wait and let them decide it on their own which will probably be at least three years of no improvement. I know this causes you problems but that is the system and the only thing you can do is work within the system. It will come at one point or another my friend.

PT means very little to the VA ... they will still re exam you if they want to the way i got PT was after 5 years of no changes it was granted of course i had to ask for it.. if you want to keep your rating forever or till its time to check out .. Keep going to the meetings forever. I see a doctor 2 times a month and when i get these re eval letters i send in my doctors report so far its been fine.. they the VA just wants to be sure you did not self cure yourself...

Good luck Robert,

I'm working on this problem as I type. I have PTSD, my GAF score is 32, I have COPD, sleep apnea, Gerd, ulcers, hypertension, arthritis, hearing problems, and heart problems. Right now I am at 30%. When I filed a NOD, later I got a VA notification for multiple C&P,s. I detect from reading other vet posts that this procedure has become the VA normal practice in the ploy and an effort to lower or to leave the percentage as is. They know most from our c-file that we have multiple disabling conditions and live far from the VA centers and we are not able to travel at all or very little much of the time, so they schedule us for the multiple C&P's thinking they we will not be able to show and zap us for no-shows and also to delay the claim.

Danang_1969

Edited by danang_1969

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use