Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My 100 % Ptsd Changed To P And T

Rate this topic

ironfaux

Rentalguy1

You didn't see below my post that i was 100% permanent and total for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).My clinic psychologist stated in my medical notes that i was not gainful employable and in the future i would not be gainful employable.I see you are only 20%,his psy might not state that, but it don't hurt to try,Just trying to be helpful.

Mobie 16r

100% PERMANENT and TOTAL service connected for post-traumatic stress disorder since June 2003

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had applied to be made P&T so I could get CHAMPVA for my wife, who was pregnant. The scheduled me a C&P, and called me yesterday and told me they are proposing to reduce me to 70% for PTSD!!! Be very careful when asking for another C&P. Make sure you have VERY good documentation before you go having them review them.

• HadIt.com Elder

john and mobie...thanks!

I have read quite a bit about MH SC conditions in the last little bit, and I had read that (basically) it is near impossible to know what a mh condition will do in the future. I am glad to see that it IS possible to get P&t for a MH condition. Again, though, P&T means absolutely nothing until the 20 year mark is passed.

I just want to add my two cents on the whole P&T deal. Being labeled totally and permanently disabled by a VA, or otherwise, physician means absolutely nothing to the VA. All of my doctors say I am permanently and totally disabled. Heck, I receive Social Security Disability because I am P&T disabled (physically). Have not worked since 2004. Do you think the VA has cared about that? To make matters worse I receive SSD for the same reason I was service connected (my lower back condition). Go figure that.

At any rate, just because a vet is at 100% and P&T does not mean the VA will never request the vet be scheduled for another C&P exam. Yes, that stands even if the letter states that no more exams are required or no more exams to be scheduled. I have my Rating Decisiion that indicates in the "future exams" NONE. Please! I have had four already.

Some vets have escaped the throws for a season, but I think the VA is cracking down because this war has them trying to rob Peter to pay Paul right now.

Never under estimate the authority of the VA. And with the OIF/OEF veterans returning home; and being treated at VAMC's now; and filing claims, we could see more and more PTSD vets being called in for exams because the VA wants to try and cut costs where they can.

I have known of several veterans who have been scheduled for exams in the past couple of months who are (were) 100% P&T. If you have not reached the 20 year mark, just be careful and make sure you keep all your ducks in a row. I'm mainly talking about MH disorders, in particular PTSD, that are rated at 100% P&T. I believe people (veterans) should get the compensation they are entitled to. But if a vet is at 100% (right now), if it were me, I just would not disturb the waters. I'm sorry. I think I would just have to learn how to be content for the moment.

None of us really ever know who is actually frequenting Hadit.com; and or for what purpose. PTSD is already a pretty touchy claim subject at the VA. I just would not keep pushing their buttons.

I AGREE WITH LUVHIM IF YOU ARE 100% OR IU AND P&T LEAVE IT ALONE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO ASK FOR P&T THEN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CURRENT MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP. BE PREPARED FOR A RE-EXAM. IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS NOW I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS BOARD AND IT SEEMS THAT THE VA IS CRACKING DOWN ON MH DISORDERS. AND I DO SEE IN THE FUTURE THAT ANYONE WITH A MH DISORDER WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH A ANNUAL EXAM TO KEEP THERE BENIFITS. AND ALL YOU DO IS BE READY WITH GOOD UP TO DATE MEDICAL EVIDENCE. FINDING A GOOD SHRINK YOU CAN SOMEWHAT TRUST THAT YOU FEEL WILL HELP YOU IF THE VA DOES WANT TO RE-EXAM YOU. JUST BE READY FOR ANY CRAP THE VA PULLS.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use