Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My 100 % Ptsd Changed To P And T

Rate this topic

ironfaux

• HadIt.com Elder

You want your IMO to state in clear language that you are totally and permanently disabled. Just because something says chronic the VA may dance away from that because the buzz words are not there. Just like in TDIU cases your doctor must state you cannot work. The VA will assume you can. Just think of talking to a 8 year old and explain it that way. You have to be explicit, clear and simple.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO = Independent Medical Opinion

SMC S = Special Monthly Compensation - IT is something you get for certain severe or multiple conditions. Examples would be amputations or a 100% rating for say arthritis then a 60% rating say for your heart, would equal SMC Level S which pays more than the regular 100% Disability rate.

Ironfaux

As to applying for P/T you can file a request to stop having anymore exams. I dont know if this is the right way to do it as I dont think that there is an official way to really apply for P/T. But, this will/should accomplish the question of the rater at least making the decision for no new exams. If that is the case then it would essentially do what you are looking for as it relates to P/T. Also try and get your Psychiatrist or clini Psychologists to state that your PTSD is permanent in nature and will not get any better.Va don't base everything on a Gaf,but with a gaf of 28,thats very serious.I hopes this helps

Mobie 16r

100% P/T PTSD

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you might have a hard time getting a psychiatrist or a psychologist to state on the record that an aquired psychiatric disorder is permanent. I could be wrong, and if there is someone out there that has a 100% permanent rating for PTSD, please post up.

just a quick question about alcohol abuse being a way of self medicating the ptsd, and the iteology of congestive heart failure is (one of) one of the reasons it came about.

just a thought for making chf a secondary or would copd be a better shot?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use