Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crsc And Crdp

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

• HadIt.com Elder

And, how much interest and "administrative fees" have beeen paid to the VA by the same claimants. A clue is the word "shutout"

The VA pays no interest on claims it mismanages.I am not calling you out I know that you are talking about money they tell you they owe and than don't pay for 30 days.

Maybe a good FOIA Question how much Interest has VA paid to claimants in last 10 years.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunately, the VA only has to pay interest on money owed to everyone else but veterans and veterans family members.

Jim MAC,

As a federal finance officer, I believe they are required to pay you interest if they don't pay within 30 days, same as all federal agencies.

Not only does the VA not pay interest to vets and families the finance system for paying active duty soldiers, does not provide for paying interest. A recent example is the case of the African-American service member who received back pay for an illegal conviction for participation in a riot during WWII. He or his family received $762.00, 63 years later.

Commercial accounts and other obligations are "different" and accrue interest after 30 days.

Ron

Edited by Manitou Sprgs

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use