Fibromyalgia

Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi, I am John's wife and yes I have fibromyalgia. Yes my legs where bad and it started out in my legs, It felt like every bone in my body was spliting in half.it wasn't long before it affected my whole body, at night I would scream because I would hurt so bad and then I could not sleep, and what ever, do not touch me because any touch would hurt me. I take gababentien for it, up to the max of 3600mg and learned to live with the rest of the pain, but at least with the medicine I can sleep. I hope this has answered some questions for you, it took 2 years before they finally diagnoised me. Other than that if you have fibromyalgia the pain is Hell.

Hi, I am John's wife and yes I have fibromyalgia. Yes my legs where bad and it started out in my legs, It felt like every bone in my body was spliting in half.it wasn't long before it affected my whole body, at night I would scream because I would hurt so bad and then I could not sleep, and what ever, do not touch me because any touch would hurt me. I take gababentien for it, up to the max of 3600mg and learned to live with the rest of the pain, but at least with the medicine I can sleep. I hope this has answered some questions for you, it took 2 years before they finally diagnoised me. Other than that if you have fibromyalgia the pain is Hell.

I also take gababentien but it does not work for me, this syndrome can be very painful my doctor at the va noted in my records that I have decreased range of motion due to this syndrome.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fibro in the legs could be something else like peripheral artery disease. Have you been tested for that? PAD starts out as cramping in the legs after exercise and a heavy feeling in the legs. My legs stay cold most of the time and they seem to be easily fatigued. I can't walk that much but I do peddle a stationary bike and sometimes I am ok and other times my legs feel like rubber after just a few minutes.

My uppper body does not have this problem and I feel tired after do excercise for my arms, shoulders and back but nothing to the extent of my legs that just seem to collapse. I had a circulation test and it came out ok but a CT scan revealed blockages in my leg veins and arteries. I was diagnosed with fibro a long time ago because of pain in my neck and upper back, but I doubted the diagnosis because the doctor owned the PT clinic. Fibro is the garbage bag diagnosis they give you when they don't know what else to say about you. If you are having problems in your legs it may indicate circulation problems and this may have implications for your heart.

Yes; and, Yes.

I think in some cases is a "wasted basket" dx. But I actually suffer with it as a secondary condition to an autoimmune condition that emits its own pain. So, chronic pain is something I know very well.

I was not getting relief for the Fibromyalgia through the VA. Outside primary physician prescribed Lyrica, which I currently take twice a day.

I have fibromyalgia and I take anti depressants for it and my depression. Also, my Rhuematologist sent me to a sleep center for sleep apnea. She say's that sleep apnea can make it much worse. I take flexeril at night to relax my muscles. I know your pain. I hope you find something that will releive your pain. Vicky <_<

Windy, I too have FMS and yes I have lower extremity pains. When I sit in the evenings my calves ache really bad. I have to continuously move my legs around because the pain is so bad. About a month ago I could not lift my legs off the ground without assistance, walking up stairs was impossible. I am now on 300mg neuroton three times a day and an antidepression. I take a muscle relaxer at night to sleep. In just a month I am feeling much better and I can lift my legs up again. I disagree that it is a garbage dx but I do agree that your problem could be caused by a number of different things. I would ask for a complete work up to include a nerve conductor test and also a sleep test to see if you have restless leg syndrome.

If you do have FMS there are several medicines out there that may help you. I hope that you find a dx soon and that your pain stops