Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dmii Medications

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I have been diagnosed with DMII since 1976, I have had my blood sugar under control all that time with medications, since my open heart surgery last May it has been out of control, we have tried different meds to no avail. my average B/S reading has been 265 since then.

I now take Glyburide 5MG/Metformin HCL 500MG two tablets twice a day, and 10 units of Insulin at bedtime. The meter readings have not changed, I stick my fingers three times a day, 7 day's a week.

A friend has advised me to try taking to supplements 1. Chromium Picolinate 200MCGtwice daily, 2. Cinnamon Tablets 500MG 1 capsul twice a day with meals. Has anyone tried these and if so what were the effects.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I heard on "60 Minutes" last Sunday that those who get the operation on their plumbing to lose weitht also have their DMII cured at the same time. Somehow bypassing the small intestine eliminates the DMII. This is what they claim. That is a long way to go to treat DMII, but if you are already very obese then you might get a double benefit. It does not work with just the lap banding.

• HadIt.com Elder

It has to be the gastric bypass operation and not the lap band which has caused me to reconsider what I will be doing.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.