• HadIt.com Elder

Well Gang,

My claim is showing completed by the "Rater" at the Huntington

Resource Center. The date on the Computer of Completion is April 11,

My Service Officer has tried since that day to find out anything with

no luck.

Anyone have any ideal of how long this fast letter or whatever they

are doing will take.

My nervous system is shot! No one will tell anyone anything.

Always,

Betty

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Right Ray- anything over $25,000 in retro has to get three signatures- that is the regular reg in M21-1

but the VA -on the verge of paying a Very large retro award months ago- suddenly decided that Extraordinary awards ($250,000 or more) have to be signed off by the C & P department in Washington DC.

One more stall -just think if the vet wins an extraordinary award-yet has no dependents and it isnt an award under Nehmer- and dies before the C & P signs off on it-the VA never pays out a dime.

Betty

Keep calling and asking. You know how these things go. You will probably get word of your rating soon. Keep calling the VA and your VSO.

When I was notified that my SC was granted and I would receive the particulars of, how much, in the mail. I called the the VSO to find out how much and he advised me that by law the VSO was not allowed to give out this information until the VRO had sent the notification by mail. He said the VSO in previous years could legally give this info out but the laws have changed. Also the 1-800 number would not give the info either. Your state's US congressman's veteran's representative officer is able to find out that information for you if he/she is willing and give it to you. You might try this angle and hang in there. God Bless

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

Danang_1969

Edited by danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

I have come to the conclusion either way I go, I will never see a dime

They are counting the days until my death.

They may think they can push me over the edge, No way.

If I can live to my mothers age, i will be around for about 22 more years

to fight them.

Always,

Betty

If I might add one more thing. As you know when the VA says that you will be receiving something SOON. In my case, it was 45 days, If that holds true in your case, you have until the end of May. Hopefully not, I have heard others speak of much sooner.

Danang_1969

Betty,

I'm still bouncing off the walls but wanted to check hadit to see how things were going for you. I'm sorry to see that the VA has not sent you an award letter and the $$ to go along w/ it.

I am confused how it is that your VSO is unable to find anything out about the resolution of your claim. I know about the 3 signature rule and the currently being challenged in court rule about huge retros going to DC for review but from my reading of that case the VSO knew what the outcome was BEFORE it went to DC. My guess, and it is ONLY a guess, is that the VA, in the middle of a court case, has buckled down and is not telling VSOs anything until it has all the signatures and reviews available to the VA before the VA releases the info to the VSO.

I am thankful you have longevity genes in you!

Hang in there and God Bless,

TS Snave