Rebate Checks

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The check you will be getting is a rebate for your 2007 taxes....you will not be required to pay takes on this money.....

When I did my taxes I just reported my ssd not my va pension, am I going to get a rebate check my income was more than 3,000.00.

Pete, here is the schedule from the IRS website. It goes by the last 2 digits of your SSN and whether you are receiving a check or doing direct deposit.

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

Don't trust this schedule. I received a letter on saturday saying I should receive my check by 5/2/08 for $600.00 then the last para read.

your stimulus payment has been delayed for review. If you do not receive it withing 60 days call us at 1-866-234-2942.

What is there to review? All I receive is SSD and my VA check. These monkeys get you coming and going.

Windy City,

You should, did you write Stimulus Patment across the top of your form?

carlie

I had to do mines at H&R block because my wife took out her money from an IRA that she had, the person said that if will go directly to the IRS.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you owe the IRS or any government agency kiss your rebate check goodbye.

The review sort of stinks but I imagine that IRS is going bananas with all the people who used to not file sending in returns to get stimulus check.

My wife and I got 600.00 together. A little advice from personal experience on the rebate checks. Expect about half as much as you expected and then you may get what you expect. My wife is employed and then I draw a SS and partial VA compensation check. If either spouse draws more than 3000.00 from SS or VA tax free, then you get 300 each. That's what I gathered from the economic stimulus package rebate program after calling the IRS and then receiving a letter explaining why I got what I got.

Edited by danang_1969