Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mri Redults

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I am ranting, need to get this out.

I finally had a MRI of my lumbar spine. All the docs kept saying there's more wrong than just SI for the arthritis. Sure enough there is but I am not sure this is going to help me with either my VA claim or SSD.

Turns out I have 4 herniated disc with 3 pinching nerves, 2 to the left and 1 to the right.

This would account for the bilateral pain that is different.

Not sure what I am going to do with this info. It's not service connected or should I say I can't believe I have tolerated herniated disc for 32 yrs. I know I have had them for at least 10 yrs that's when I can remember starting to have the intermittent severe back pain that's different from the SI pain that started while on active duty, but then again SI pain can be the result of herniated disc.

I can see the VA saying its the herniated disc causing your pain and not the SI joints due to the ReA. What a vicious cyle.

Went to the pain doctor prior to having these results, he refused to give me pain meds, got more non steriods and muscle relaxants that don't work. Now I have to wait another 2 mos to see him again for new meds that of course won't work. Of course the only muscle relaxant that has worked in the past he DC'd as its addictive (soma)--Who gives a crap I am entitled to some Freaking relief.

I am not sure just how much longer I can take the pain befor I snap. I am considering buying street drugs or find a civilian doc thats easy to get drugs from. Enough is enough, I have never take drugs for any of the pain I have been in for years, I have a very stronger tolerance to pain but I am reaching my level of intolerance.

I did go to see the PTSD doc, at least she offered to give me valium for the muscle spasms. I turned it down as I had a bottle of Soma left--Someone just shoot me now.

I had a really good visit with her, I actually enjoyed talking to her. She wants me to meet with the MST doc. but felt I need better control of my pain and some stress decrease before going into therapy. She was really nice, she told me to file for UE for depression due to chronic pain, said it would be easier than filing for MST. Which she thinks I should do down the road, but that of course was my decision.

The visits I have been more apprehensive about have been the most enjoyable. The ones I thought would be good have been the pits.

My primary forgot to reorder my diabetic medicine, I can't get any for another 10 days when I see her for my 3 month check up. That is total BS. I plan on giving her a piece of my mine.

Back to my MRI, I have read quiet alot concerning this issue, while the pain can be really bad, its not disabling as you can have surgery to fix it. Well I don't want surgery and it has to be a last resort prior to shooting myself. Yes, I have thought about it alot lately.

I haven't heard form SSD my last appt was 20 days ago, I would think if it were approved I would have been notified by now or it would be in the computer as determined. I am afraid if I tell them about the 4 bulging disc with impingement they will say, that's fixable just have surgery.

If I dont get approved, I will probable be forced to sell my house to survive, I have equity that can keep me going for a while but I don't want to sell my house.

If anyone is having a real great time, would you mind volunteering to take this black cloud for a couple of days, just need a little down time.

Some days its best not to get out of bed. Thanks for letting me rant.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ruby, I read and tried to follow your current events. Here I was feeling sorry for myself, body parts going and kids cranky or delightful; just not all at once. Yikes. Do I recall that you have a daughter or two yourself? You just sound so caring and I was thinking daughters just know their moms so well, usually love to talk. Then those boys amaze parents with insight and different views too. (Got a brother I'm so proud of, recently single, good/great job, very healthy, smart and now with 2 kids in college! yay!)

Enough parent/sister talk here. Back to your MRI results, those sound revealing. Whats next for you? Sounds like you've done research and are aware that surgery is a possibility or probability. Did your doctor recommend any type of physical therapy in the meanwhile? I got scripts for water pt and vitamin D (outside walking) for my lumbar gripes. Searchin hi'low for my hollywood sunglasses now, luck cateracts would be next! Ha.

Good luck on your SSD, any bits of advice?

Best to ya,

CG'up!

Back to my MRI, I have read quiet alot concerning this issue, while the pain can be really bad, its not disabling as you can have surgery to fix it. Well I don't want surgery

I haven't heard form SSD my last appt was 20 days ago, I would think if it were approved I would have been notified by now or it would be in the computer as determined. I am afraid if I tell them about the 4 bulging disc with impingement they will say, that's fixable just have surgery.

If I dont get approved, I will probable be forced to sell my house to survive, I have equity that can keep me going for a while but I don't want to sell my house.

If anyone is having a real great time, would you mind volunteering to take this black cloud for a couple of days, just need a little down time.

Edited by cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

I am ranting, need to get this out.

I finally had a MRI of my lumbar spine. All the docs kept saying there's more wrong than just SI for the arthritis. Sure enough there is but I am not sure this is going to help me with either my VA claim or SSD.

Turns out I have 4 herniated disc with 3 pinching nerves, 2 to the left and 1 to the right.

This would account for the bilateral pain that is different.

Not sure what I am going to do with this info. It's not service connected or should I say I can't believe I have tolerated herniated disc for 32 yrs. I know I have had them for at least 10 yrs that's when I can remember starting to have the intermittent severe back pain that's different from the SI pain that started while on active duty, but then again SI pain can be the result of herniated disc.

I can see the VA saying its the herniated disc causing your pain and not the SI joints due to the ReA. What a vicious cyle.

Went to the pain doctor prior to having these results, he refused to give me pain meds, got more non steriods and muscle relaxants that don't work. Now I have to wait another 2 mos to see him again for new meds that of course won't work. Of course the only muscle relaxant that has worked in the past he DC'd as its addictive (soma)--Who gives a crap I am entitled to some Freaking relief.

I am not sure just how much longer I can take the pain befor I snap. I am considering buying street drugs or find a civilian doc thats easy to get drugs from. Enough is enough, I have never take drugs for any of the pain I have been in for years, I have a very stronger tolerance to pain but I am reaching my level of intolerance.

I did go to see the PTSD doc, at least she offered to give me valium for the muscle spasms. I turned it down as I had a bottle of Soma left--Someone just shoot me now.

I had a really good visit with her, I actually enjoyed talking to her. She wants me to meet with the MST doc. but felt I need better control of my pain and some stress decrease before going into therapy. She was really nice, she told me to file for UE for depression due to chronic pain, said it would be easier than filing for MST. Which she thinks I should do down the road, but that of course was my decision.

The visits I have been more apprehensive about have been the most enjoyable. The ones I thought would be good have been the pits.

My primary forgot to reorder my diabetic medicine, I can't get any for another 10 days when I see her for my 3 month check up. That is total BS. I plan on giving her a piece of my mine.

Back to my MRI, I have read quiet alot concerning this issue, while the pain can be really bad, its not disabling as you can have surgery to fix it. Well I don't want surgery and it has to be a last resort prior to shooting myself. Yes, I have thought about it alot lately.

Some days its best not to get out of bed. Thanks for letting me rant.

Ruby, U said something in regards to street drugs & I may have a bit of information U may or may not be interested in.

I read on the Net where there was this Lady in Arizona who had 5 Inoperable

Brain Tumors & had tried all the Pain relivers known to Western Medicine. None of them helped

What she did was start smoking "Marijuana" & she was pain free.

She even filed a suite against the US because they were trying to put her in jail for what she was doing.

Well, she didn't win & I have no idea what happened after that.

Arizona may have passed a "Medicial Marijuana" law by now for the people who need it.

There are I think 12 States that have them at present but the Feds still bother them because it is against Federal Law.

If U want any more information go to "Google" & put in "Medicial Marijuana" & read about it.

The only draw back from buying off the street is one may get some good stuff that works & next time get some junk.

I sincerly hope I didn't offend U with this post but I figured I would try to help in the only way I know.

GARY

gdsnide

Thanks for the support and reply's. While I have never done street drugs before, thanks for the info in case I get desperate.

I go to PT 2x a week, problem is I really can't do much, by the time I walk to the clinic I am in agony. I do have tens that helps if I wear it all the time, problem with that is while it might work on 1-2 disc it doesn't work on the others so I have pain somewhere all the time.

I am just frustrated that I have never done drugs for my pain I have always sucked it up and only taken Motrin, now that I am at my limit and want drugs for a legitimate problem they don't want me to get addicted. I have been on 10 different meds since 05 and nothing has worked.

My dog has severe arthritis and he is on pain meds. I am thinking of taking his meds but then he would be in pain and wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did that.

I can't walk due to the pain from either the disc or SI's. I am thinking that if I submit this to SS they will say or it could be the disc that can be fixed and not the SI's causing your pain and deny me on that---it just sucks. I have my tens yanked as high as it goes consistently, have burn marks from the damn thing.

The effexor they gave me for my depression is kicking my ass at 37.5 mg. I won't be taking this very long, rather be depressed then tried and feels like someone is sitting on my chest and I can't breath, then again I might be going into an asthma attack.

I have a daughter who is married one grandchild, he is the apple of my eye, I do forget about my pain to a point with him, except when he wants me to go for a walk or run with him.

Soon things will either get better or worse. I think worse, since the post office lost some important papers regarding my mortgage but its got to get better.

Thanks for listening.

WE SERVICE CONNECTED MY #4 & 5 IN MY LOWER BACK,EXTRUDED HERNIATED DISCS & PINCHED NERVES TO MY IN SERVICE BACK STRAIN (INJURY). WE USED THE REASONING THAT BECAUSE THE VA DID NOTHING TO ADDRESS THE INJURY THAT THE RESULTING CONDITIONS OF EXTRUDED DISCS AND PINCHED NERVES & DEGENERATION WAS DIRECT CAUSE OF THEM NOT ADRESSING THE ORIGIONAL BACK INJURY YEARS BEFORE.NOW ON UP TO 4 OXYCODONE DAILY.BUT I NORMALY SKIP DAYS AT A TIME-BECAUSE WHEN YOU USE IT DAILY LIKE THAT YOU BUILD UP A RESISTANCE TO IT .SOOOO- 4-5 PILLS A WEEK KEEPS MOST OF THE PAIN AWAY.

BUT SERVICE CONNECTION IS POSSIBLE--- STEVE

1never_give_upedit.jpg