Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We Got The Call! Woot!

Rate this question

vetswife

Question

I don't know how much yet (the VSO wasn't even supposed to tell us it is done) but they have rated our claim and we won on everything except Skin cancer.

He will get PTSD, Diabetes, Aneurysm, Renal insufficency and HBP. VSO said it wasn't 100% rating, but we would be pleased, and that he could apply for TDIU because he was "More then rated for it"

Thank you ALL!!! We were getting worried because Rick has surgery the 19th of June for the Aneurysm, and we needed to have it SC'd.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

SALUTE and congrats B)

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Good I forgot- he was still employed about a month ago?

Also I think he has a good potential claim for the skin cancer so I would fight that if I were you- and I think you will!

You did a wonderful job vetswife-

I wish every vet had a spouse like you -who really takes the time to helps a disabled spouse vet get through all the VA ola-

crapola-

Thanks Berta, it means a lot coming from you. I was SO scared, because I put everything together by myself, found the stressor (on the net no less, in a BVA decision which was for someone else) and , knowing the VA, was worried that they wouldn't accept it. It's been 11 months, and I was getting nervous because we had heard nothing ( I know, that is a short amount of time for the VA). I am going to NOD the Skin Cancer, because in other BVA decisions they have approved based on new evidence, including the Zumwalt report and parts of Operation Ranch hand (which I have researched on the net).

As to the surgery, we are having a difficult time dealing with the possible death of my husband, because this type of surgery can and does result in death for some. We have talked about it, and he knows that we will be taken care of now, and that gives some relief, even though we are both worried sick.

He was still employed, but is not now. He actually was not supposed to be working, but we couldn't afford him to be off. We have filed for SSI now and hopefully, between the two he will be okay.

I WILL get him to 100% P&T if it kills me, lol.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats> The VA is supposed to consider TDIU with a good enough rating so you should not apply new but ask them to consider it for earlier effective date.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I send my congratulations on a job well done, to your vso also.

I send my prayers to you and your husband of many years, what joy! (I pray for the physicians too!)

CG

p.s. I like Bertas VA wind joke, rather true!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats! But DO NOT file a NOD if you are filing for TDIU and the convelescant rating. File these new claims first, which can be resolved within 6 months, then file the NOD. Otherwise, they will all get lumped together and you could endo up waiting for more than a year on the answer to your new claims.

90%, TDIU P&T