Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

60 Years Old & C & P Re-examination

Rate this question

gunner

Question

I got my re-exam coming up on my PTSD claim with the QTC Doctors coming up on Friday. I'm 60 years old and don't need this kind of stress in my life after all that I have had to endure already. I was last evaluated from 30% to 50% for my PTSD about 5 years ago and the VA wants me to have a re-evaluation. I'm pacing the floors and going crazy thinking about having to go through this again. My docs at the VA told me to take a couple more of my "take the edge off" meds, but I don't like having that lost feeling. My VA Doctors told me not to worry as I won't go down in percentage, but I have heard so much negative info on the QTC doctors I'm really scared. I really don't want to go and have to relive some of this stuff again. Can anybody help me as to what will the re-exam be about? Please somebody out there help me out...............

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Gunner:

Sorry for the hassle. I think that QTC is not out to get vets with existing claims. They will be more concerned with how your daily life is now.

You know the drill don't shave for a couple of days before the exam, don't dress up. Be very careful how you answer questions and don't worry and please take someone who knows you with you and insist that they be with you during the exam.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

And please know the rating criteria before you walk in the room. Also, take comfort in knowing that they cannot take away your rating based on one C&P if it has been in effect for at least 5 years.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't use the "take the edge off pills" the day of your exam. You want to be "edge On". You don't want to be relaxed. Let them see what a guy with PTSD is like when he is nervous. Just don't attack the doctor, but you can cry and scream if you feel like it. One of the lawyers here said to walk into the VAMC with a baseball bat on your shoulder, but that might be extream. I think it was Alex and he was not kidding.

Also, I think someone posted a reference on here to a PTSD Reevaluation Exam Form they use. Apparently, they are different than the original exam form. If I am correct, would someone post that again? If you can get that, read it and write out your answers on it so you don't forget them in the C&P.

Good luck!

jaz

• HadIt.com Elder

Please take their advice. I have read more of my VA papers.

I received the 70% because DR. Lehmaxx said I had a disheveled look.

If I should have another examination for the TDIU, boy they had

better be prepared for a bum with no meds that morning and disheveled

will seem like a kind description of me.

I was to be there at 8:00 in the morning husband driving me 90 miles

in the middle of a trememdous thunder storm and rain falling from the

sky until you couldn't see where to walk. Had to walk a mile to find

a place to park.

What did they expect. I was soaked.

One more C&P and I will have my unemployability.

Betty

Everybody, thanks for your info and help as what I should expect and what I should do. As for taking someone, do you think it would be wise to take a friend with me from my Vets Center group or not? My wife is Oriental and she gets nervous sometimes when people ask her questions and says the wrong thing. Thanks again.