Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

60 Years Old & C & P Re-examination

Rate this question

gunner

Question

I got my re-exam coming up on my PTSD claim with the QTC Doctors coming up on Friday. I'm 60 years old and don't need this kind of stress in my life after all that I have had to endure already. I was last evaluated from 30% to 50% for my PTSD about 5 years ago and the VA wants me to have a re-evaluation. I'm pacing the floors and going crazy thinking about having to go through this again. My docs at the VA told me to take a couple more of my "take the edge off" meds, but I don't like having that lost feeling. My VA Doctors told me not to worry as I won't go down in percentage, but I have heard so much negative info on the QTC doctors I'm really scared. I really don't want to go and have to relive some of this stuff again. Can anybody help me as to what will the re-exam be about? Please somebody out there help me out...............

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So, Pete53, what you are telling me if I am interpreting correctly is that "I must go to the Regional Office and request my QTC exam from the RO". Is that correct? Is there any other way to do it as I would have to go to Seattle to do it that way. Is there a way of doing it from you own local VA Regional Medical Center? Help................

Thanks for any input.

Gunner

So, Pete53, what you are telling me if I am interpreting correctly is that "I must go to the Regional Office and request my QTC exam from the RO". Is that correct? Is there any other way to do it as I would have to go to Seattle to do it that way. Is there a way of doing it from you own local VA Regional Medical Center? Help................

Thanks for any input.

Gunner

I am not Pete but I went through a C&P with QTC and about a month later went to the FOI at the VAMC and they told me the same thing. So I went home and did an iris to the RO and they said they had not recieved it yet but when they did if I wanted a copy I had to request it. I requested a copy of the time of my complete C file by the FOI and they sent it about 2 months later.

QTC can take quite a bit of time to get their report to the RO or they can go online and type it right in.

Your claim should be fine so if I were you either call the 800# or iris and tell them what you want. They should tell what I just said but this was over a year ago so things may have speeded up by now. yeah right

Good luck on your claim.

Sent my letter off yesterday to the FOI folks at the regional office for a copy of my re-examination by the QTC Doctor. Hope I don't have to wait too long as I'm already hyper without this going on...........

Well, I spoke with the Seattle VARO two days ago and they told me that my QTC report was entered into their system and that they mailed my requested copy out that same day as well. Well, lo and behold when I got home yesterday I went to the mailbox to get my mail and there was a letter from the Seattle VARO that stated "It takes a minimum of 60 days to get the QTC C&P exams into their system, and to please send another letter for request of information on that exam after 60 days have expired from time of the exam." What a bunch of crap. Somebody in this chain is lying their butts off, as I called the Doctors office as well to see if they have submitted their paperwork and was told yes, and it was sent in a couple of weeks ago. Any help from the "Peanut Gallery" on how I can get this paperwork without having to wait another 2 months as per the VARO.(1 more month time for the 60 days lapse and 1 month to process a letter request) Thanks in advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you go to the RO and request your report in person, again? You might be able to get it right there. My VARO does not do it this way. One request and you get it when the VA releases it. Another great thing about the VA is that it is inconsistent from RO to RO.

I had the day off from work yesterday and had to go to Seattle for some errands with my wife. While I was there I did stop at the Federal Building and tried to get my exam that way but was told the same thing as the letter I received, "don't submit your request until 60 days have passed". What a crock, since the examination results are there within their system. Just more of the VA putting us off and failing to release information to us.