Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

60 Years Old & C & P Re-examination

Rate this question

gunner

Question

I got my re-exam coming up on my PTSD claim with the QTC Doctors coming up on Friday. I'm 60 years old and don't need this kind of stress in my life after all that I have had to endure already. I was last evaluated from 30% to 50% for my PTSD about 5 years ago and the VA wants me to have a re-evaluation. I'm pacing the floors and going crazy thinking about having to go through this again. My docs at the VA told me to take a couple more of my "take the edge off" meds, but I don't like having that lost feeling. My VA Doctors told me not to worry as I won't go down in percentage, but I have heard so much negative info on the QTC doctors I'm really scared. I really don't want to go and have to relive some of this stuff again. Can anybody help me as to what will the re-exam be about? Please somebody out there help me out...............

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would take the friend but ask him not to interrupt you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Once again thanks for your inputs. I will give you an update after tomorrows meeting with the QTC doc. Also does anybody know how long it takes for the results to come out on the street for these re-examinations? Also can you get a copy of these visits like you can for your regular doctors visits to ensure that only true information has been entered within your record and how can you retrieve this info. Any info on that would be great. Thanks again.

Gunner,

I would wait a few days and then go to release of information at the VAMC and ask for it. It used to be that one could only get them from the RO but I've seen it posted on here that the VAMC is now releasing them.

Try to get a good night's sleep tonight so you can go into this with a clear mind. Fretting about it won't help. Been there, done that.

Good luck

jaz

• HadIt.com Elder

Take everyones advice, but bear in mind, how you are dressed and look

plays a big part in your examination.

Don't seem fair, but I will know if there is a next time to go

dressed as if I were going to a dog fight or just came from one

and one turned loose on me.

Good Luck,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

Yes Gunner,just like Jazona said you can go by release of information and fill out the paper work and they will mail you your C&P notes in about Three weeks.

mobie