Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

60 Years Old & C & P Re-examination

Rate this question

gunner

Question

I got my re-exam coming up on my PTSD claim with the QTC Doctors coming up on Friday. I'm 60 years old and don't need this kind of stress in my life after all that I have had to endure already. I was last evaluated from 30% to 50% for my PTSD about 5 years ago and the VA wants me to have a re-evaluation. I'm pacing the floors and going crazy thinking about having to go through this again. My docs at the VA told me to take a couple more of my "take the edge off" meds, but I don't like having that lost feeling. My VA Doctors told me not to worry as I won't go down in percentage, but I have heard so much negative info on the QTC doctors I'm really scared. I really don't want to go and have to relive some of this stuff again. Can anybody help me as to what will the re-exam be about? Please somebody out there help me out...............

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sounds like they are really messing with you. Do they have a FOI office at the RO? Have you tried asking your SO? I guess you will just have to wait put be cool I am sure everything is OK.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are just making it up as they go along. This is the VA being complete assholes. Where is the law that says you have to wait 60 days? By the time you get them to comply your 60 days will have gone by.

Gunner, Under the FOIA they have 20 days to comply see below:

10 Time for compliance with request (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a public authority must comply with section 1(1) promptly and in any event not later than the twentieth working day following the date of receipt.

(2) Where the authority has given a fees notice to the applicant and the fee is paid in accordance with section 9(2), the working days in the period beginning with the day on which the fees notice is given to the applicant and ending with the day on which the fee is received by the authority are to be disregarded in calculating for the purposes of subsection (1) the twentieth working day following the date of receipt.

(3) If, and to the extent that—

(a) section 1(1)(a) would not apply if the condition in section 2(1)(B) were satisfied, or

(B) section 1(1)(B) would not apply if the condition in section 2(2)(B) were satisfied,

the public authority need not comply with section 1(1)(a) or (B) until such time as is reasonable in the circumstances; but this subsection does not affect the time by which any notice under section 17(1) must be given.

Well I got home today and went to get my mail and lo and behold there was the "BROWN ENVELOPE". I grabbed it and started for the house and then my anticipation couldn't wait anymore. I stopped and opened the envelope and couldn't believe my eyes. My rating for PTSD had changed from 50% to 70%. My total evaluation is still 90% total like it was before my review C&P but I am over elated. The main thing that was in my review was that "no future examination will be scheduled to evaluate this condition". I was shocked and couldn't believe the results. I went into the house and told my wife and she was overwhelmed as well. Thanks for everybody's support. I guess the most important thing that I can say is "NEVER GIVE UP". Keep on striving for what you have coming to you and for what you have been through. Later my Brothers.