Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Electric Bills

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Can anyone direct me to the section where you can get help with electric bills to pay for heating your pool if its prescribed as therapy.

I am at 60% right now.

Thanks

Ruby

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Its prescribed therapy for my arthritis, glad you all got a good laugh. I don't want to drive to the VA on a daily basis.

Hello Ruby...I am sure that no one meant any offence...and behind there chuckles they too hope there is help out there for them as well...

so here is a web site that can help some of you help offset your utility bills in your state...yes, in many states if you are a disabled vet there is help for you to offset your utility bills do to cost of medical treatments..

please go to this web site:

http://www.govbenefits.gov/govbenefits_en....mp;category=ENA

another place to start to look is at your local amvets...they have information as well as to forms ect.

hope this helps

MT

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA would tell you to drive to the local VAMC and soak in their pool. With our gas prices that would be a real loser. If their is a public pool close by just getting into the water will probably releave some of the stress on your spine. Unfortunately, unless it is an indoor pool it does not work in winter. Even in Florida it is too cold to float in the pool in January, and then some kid always craps in the pool and they shut it down for a week. I am talking about the YMCA.

Ruby, please take no offense..I personally know nothing about the electric benefits, if available. I was not laughing at your situation nor your question..Just the humor being injected. Regards, William n

william

I wasn't upset, if anything I was amused myself. Thought if it was prescribed I could get some assistance. I would take the travel pay to stay home and do therapy. That would be 170 a month I think they would pay me. It would cost me 160 to drive with the cost of gas.

I am not upset with anyone.

Ruby

Hey Larry whats your problem??????? My claim for the Cabana girl was approved and settled within 15 DAYS!!!!! On top of this they gave me 20 grand in back pay cause they said she would have been approved 10 years ago if I had just submitted my claim then so they gave me an EED of 10 years ago cause they felt sorry for me and used the "look at all claims in a giving light" theory. Along with this, since I told them that I did not know I could submit a claim for a Cabana girl 10 years ago, they gave me an extra one, six umbrellas, unlimited pina coladas and a dedicated Limo on a temporary bases for 24 months. The rater, who drove to my house to inform me of the good news, told me that after 24 months, based upon a current C&P Exam, I might just be able to keep the limo on a P&T basis.

I guess you just do not know how to submit a claim for the finer things in a veterans life!!!!

Ruby - on a more serious note, I think the only way to obtain any assistance on this issue would be to contact your local utilities as has already been provided. Normally each state has this program. However, it only amounts to a couple to three hundred dollars each season. It is needs based in most cases but you may find some states/utility companies out there that provide more assistance to disabled veterans. That would be a roll of the dice since it is kinda hard to find many states that are willing to give a disabled veteran a tax break on property taxes just so the vet can keep their property so assistance to heat a pool - hmmmmm I just do not know. Anyway as already provided, I attempted to heat my pool for the kids but it was a waste of money since it is not indoors so I just cut off the gas to it and kept my 228.00 bucks a-month. Heck for that much a month I will fill the bath tub with hot water daily and tint the water blue - you know anything for the kids!!!! hahahahahahaha

Edited by Ricky