Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Call From Va Regional Office!

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

I received a phone call today from a lady at the VA Regional office in Oakland. She told me they were going to set up an appointment at the VA hospital in Reno for an exam for my claim for ED.

After hearing nothing from the VA for over a year on my claim for PTSD, anxiety, depression and ED from my heart attack, they are now going to address my claim for ED. My claim for ED was sort of tacked on at the end of my main claim for the other things. I am not sure what this means. Is it a C&P exam? I am not sure if ED is even a compensated % or is it a special compensation or what? Have they skipped the rest of my claims? The VA doc prescribed the medication for the ED and said it was caused by my depression which is a direct result from my heart attack due to my SC heart condition, which they have continually denied compensation. My heart claim is currently under review with DRO.

Sorry for rambling on. Not sure what to expect with this appointment with the Reno hospital. Any answers would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Brian

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hard to give advice on this as I dropped some of my claims to get them to hurry up. If you can call them back and ask if you drop will they speed up?

BM, I would simply call them back and ask about the other claims and the exams that might be needed for them.

Sometimes the VA will fool around like this. Not every time but sometimes. The rater will quickly glance at a folder and see a quick claim like the ED and have the pre-determination team set up an appointment for the quick claim. Once this is done and the exam is complete then they will give the folder/claim an indepth look and go from there.

It could also be a good sign in that the rater is finished with your entire claim and feels that there is enough evidece to rate the other issues and on the ED needs to be looked at via a C&P exam.

It is just hard to tell what is going on and any answer would be sheer speculation. The best thing to do is give them a call back and simply ask them. Good luck

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't want to drop an ED claim since that means SMC. If they grant the ED claim then they must believe that some other SC condition is causing it. They are doing it backwards but I think it is a good indication. Things like DMII cause ED usually. It is not a stand alone type injury unless you got something shot off. It may be from medications.

Brian,i think you do get special compensation for ED and i believe the pay is 91 dollars a month.maybe you should call the 1-800 number and ask to get a status update on your PTSD claim.Anxiety and depression wil come under Post-truamatic stress disorder (PTSD)Va, will only give service connection for one Mental disorder.

mobie

Thanks for the replies. I called the VA 800 number and they do not show any activity on my claim for PTSD, depression and anxiety.

I am a little nervous (that is an understatement), of going for the C&P exam for my ED. The last C&P (for my SC heart condition) I had 2 years ago was done by a nurse practioner. (Should have been done by a Cardiologist). She asked me 3 or 4 questions about my heart condition and asked me if I was having any problems with my heart. I told her I was not because the medication was helping. The VARO denied my claim for a heart condition and said the NP reported that I was now fine and my heart condition was no longer a problem.

So I am a little nervous about my upcoming C&P for ED. If they deny the ED I feel they will turn down my claim for PTSD, depression and anxiety. Can anyone tell me what to expect from a C&P for ED. And what kind of a doctor should be examining me for ED. After all, it was the VA Cardiologist who diagnosed me with ED and prescribed the medication that seems to work quite well.

I also feel that the VA is trying to trick me and get me to say something wrong that will give them a reason to deny my claim. I guess I am being a little paranoid about dealing with the VA.

Oh thats right! I forgot....that is why I have a claim in for PTSD, depression and anxiety...I think, not sure.

Again, thanks for any help, Brian

Brian,when the examiner ask you was you having problems with your heart,you told her you wasn't, when you took your medication,so the examiner, and the rated figure, if you keep taking your medication, your heart would be alright.If you been diagnose with ptsd and you submit a vertifable inservice stressor and the stressor the reason you have the ptsd symptom and its ongoing,you shouldn't have a problem getting a rating.Remember one thing,never give the VA ammunition to use against you.

mobie