• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Bad News Email For Va

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/?pag...le&id=10125

in part:

"A Department of Veterans Affairs team leader in Texas suggested mental health professionals should diagnose patients with "adjustment disorder" rather than post traumatic stress disorder in order to save time and money treating veterans, according to an internal VA e-mail. "This means the veterans will not get disability benefits and health care for PTSD," Paul Sullivan, the executive director of the advocate group Veterans for Common Sense, told CBS News. Sullivan, whose group has a pending lawsuit against the VA to force the agency to improve the treatment of veterans, said this "shows our suit has merit and that the VA lacks the capacity to provide proper care."

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree, Testvet, Peake is corrupt and a stoodge. The situation that allowed the medical director of QTC to become VA Secretary is corrupt. Maybe they will promote the National Commander of the DAV who is already a VA employee. He can be National Commander of DAV and Secretary of the VA at the same time.

Now for my opinion. It is obvious, at least to me, that our fine government leaders do not give a rotund rat's rump about veterans. They don't want to be bothered with all the messy details. Both political parties are just as bad.

Here in Arkansas, they still use the personality disorder for female vets with any type of mental disorder. Heck, maybe they do it to the male vets too.

Liz

• In Memoriam

I just wonder how many suicides that Ms. Perez was responsible for after her suggestions, in her e-mail. Wouldn't this be a form of Murder? Peake says that it is just unfortunate choice of words for these criminals. This also makes Peake an accessory to possible Murder.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

We may be in this war for 100 yrs if some have their way.

So to start things out right, this administration wants to throw their vets into the streets and refuse to compensate, reconize or treat them for PTSD? Briliant!

They better pray blood isnt shed on their side over this.

Our SVR show on the VA suicide fiasco on May 7th is up in the stations archives:

http://www.stardustent.com/svr.htm

I believed I quoted what Congressman Filner said at the H VAC hearing days before this show- it is "criminal negligence"

The May 14th show isnt there yet-

Mike's guest Paul Sullivan was very interested in the info I have uncovered-

The VA is withholding more than the suicide stats from the public and from the H/S VACs

As I said to Paul Sullivan on the air (VCS attorney) when you pick a scab it bleeds-

meaning of course when you start to dig into and research VA matters -they can begin to reveal a lot of other stuff-

that the VA doesnt want anyone to know-

The worst is yet to come in my opinion

The May 7th suicide show- I urge all of you to listen to it- or have your family members hear it-

the symptoms of suicidal ideation (I used the letter from Dr. Kussman)can be the warning symptoms for when family members have to be watchful of any veteran family member who seems to have these symptoms.

That letter should have been mailed to every veteran but I bet it wasn't

and even enclosed with the recent Peake CTA letter directed to the "new" veterans-

as if the old veterans do not matter-

Suicide is preventable yet it often takes the help and attention of family members as well as bonafide preventive steps from VA practitioners.

I heard that the suicide hot line is actually saving lives-

I want to believe that but since the VA doesn't even have accurate statistics on vets in the VA health care system who did commit sucide- how the heck does the VA suicide Hot line know whether they helped any vet or not?

This is serious busness men and women-

The NIMH statement I read on the air in that show is a chilling prediction and could become a reality.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.