Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu & Ssd & P&t

Rate this question

Poppy

Question

I just recievd my letter for 100% TDIU for coronary artery disease as a result of diabetes II as a result of agent orange etc. I have prostrate cancer in remission, adjustment disorder, high blood pressure & PTSD.(PTSD the VA denies my stressers)

The guys in my PTSD group say I should apply for P&T and SSD right away. The service officer says I need to wait 1 year on the P&T and that I can not draw SSD and TDIU at the same time. Whatever I draw from SSD will reduce my TDIU.

Anyone out there with some experience about this would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, you can get TDIU and SSD at the same time. I would apply for P&T status in the form of an appeal of denial of chapter 35 benefits. You just need some medical evidence to say you are P&T. By the time your claim is rated a year will have gone by.

Your service officer should be tarred and feathered-

They gave a reason they denied you for P & T in the decision- can you NOD this with medical evidence?

such as - has any private doctor said your condition is Permanent and Total?

Or has Voc Rehab ever turned you down due to your SC conditions?

Did you formally claim the prostate cancer due to AO? and the HBP due to the heart disease and/or the diabetes?

What possible rationale did VA use to say they denied you PTSD %?

YES- apply for SSA- go to the SSA web site and see if you meet their criteria -as to work credits etc-

YES-you can receive both TDIU from VA and SSA for disability (not SSI) but SSA disability -

my husband got both- that is he got SSA and was awarded 100% VA SC posthumously-

he could have received both in his lifetime-

what org is this vet rep from?

SSI is a low income disability payment-SSI can wipe put TDIU or vice versa-BUT if you have the work credit amounts you are eligible for SSA (or we call it SSDI)- Social Security Disability-

if the service rep is telling vets they are not eligible for both-when they are in fact eligible for both TDIU and SSA disability - that rep can be sued by them for damages-in a state court -if they lost money because of what he said.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Apply for Social Security Disability immediately:

http://www.ssa.gov/d&s1.htm

Not only apply for Social Security but apply for Permanent and Total (P&T) from the VA.

You do NOT have to wait, matter-of-fact if you do wait, you're just delaying your EED (established effective date) for your P&T........even waiting until TOMORROW is costing you MONEY!

just makes me wanna open a big ol can of thick & creamy, fresh from the oven, WhoopAss and serve it to a BUNCH of so-called Service Reps...........only one that EVER did me any good was Mr. Alex Humphrey, and he is gone over.......

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph